LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

DEAD PRE$IDENT$

145K views 2K replies 220 participants last post by  JRO 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
as you can see the back floors aint worth saving, they will need to be replaced later on in the build! :cool:

#5 ·
:)

time to shave the firewall first :cheesy:

started stripping it down

welded up the harness hole since im running a painless harness later on!

now time for the fun part, i removed the wiper assembly since this car wont see rain and shaved the gutter sytem as well, i used some thick steel for the wall for reinforcement, oh i also capped the hood stopper bracket on the drivers side since it would have been left open :cool:

a mag for motivation! :biggrin:

welded

time for some mudwork, i used big does advice and used all- metal filler later on around the edges! :cool:

#7 ·
I hate rust! :angry: :biggrin:

so i fabbed up a little L shapped peice and welded it in, turned out nice! :cool:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

haha i got a sag line in my primer but im happy cause i know it will block out!! :biggrin:

more cancer fixed
this time under the vinyl! :angry: :biggrin:

also did some mud work and sanded the shit out of the jambs, all by hand and fingertip! :cool:

#8 ·
Fuck rust, por-15ed the inner firewall , inside the fenders, under trunk valance panel and the trunk floor :cool:

sanded down to bare metal (jambs and all)

sealed the body then primed

#9 ·
picked up a 44 inch moonroof from timdog57 on here, my stepbrother howey is doing the install, this will be his first one ever :eek:hno: :eek:hno:

4 days later, bam... perfect!

howeys approval!

#11 ·
I like coupes but really wanted a fleetwood I just couldnt find one rust free enough, i guess i'll just make one :cool:

got these from Albert Munoz along with the trim :cool:

#12 ·
I had to extend the piller so i used 1/8 inch steel and cut as an L-shape, so the fleet windows would have something to screw to, the L peices were spot welded in but weld thru- primed before hand to avoid rust inbetween the metals

also the gutter rail had to be removed over the frame also welded and fiberglassed back in to the inner quarter glass jamb structure jamb
needs more blocking but starting to look good!

i also went ahead and scuffed the inside roof section the used a high build primer to block any moisture :cool:

#13 ·
decided to move the car out from once spot cause of the painter lagging and bring it to another spot where it will get further along!

#15 ·
time for the body to come off!

i like this pic , :biggrin:

setting it down on stands untill the body dolly & rotessorie gets back from powdercoaters :cool:

Frame going to a special place in louisville where magic happens and im not talking Cool Cars!! ;)

#16 ·
PITBULL HYDROS, getting down on my shit :cool:
full custom chassis work,

a 92 brougham rear end narrowed and reinforced with powerballs

#18 ·
rotessorie got back from powdercoat, so we installed the brace kit provided by classic customs on here to be safe, it had to be made longer for my mile long door jambs. body is on

#21 ·
wtf is this doing in post your rides ya goof? Move it to project rides... :biggrin:

#22 ·
Originally posted by La Lo@Apr 13 2008, 04:29 PM~10405974
smoking bad for your health so keep posting. :biggrin:
:biggrin:

#23 ·
i know, i forgot to tell jay to post it in project rides, im sure someone will hook it up! :biggrin:

#24 ·
Originally posted by La Lo@Apr 13 2008, 04:29 PM~10405974
smoking bad for your health so keep posting. :biggrin:
masturbation for a young man is bad for your eyes but that didnt stop us! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

#25 ·
Originally posted by LUXURIOU$LAC@Apr 13 2008, 04:35 PM~10406004
i know, i forgot to tell jay to post it in project rides, im sure someone will hook it up! :biggrin:
yeah you were probably thinking of those wide whites while making this thread... :uh: :biggrin:

#26 ·
Originally posted by LuxuriouSMontreaL@Apr 13 2008, 04:41 PM~10406028
yeah you were probably thinking of those wide whites while making this thread... :uh:  :biggrin:
;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.