LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Minidreams NEW SCHOOL OF MODELING !

63K views 611 replies 148 participants last post by  jevries 
#1 ·
OK LETS START OFF BY SAYING ! " I AM TAKING ON THE TASK OF LETTING THE SECERTS OUT ! IF YOUR WILLING TO LEARN AND TRY THEN IT IS WORTH IT FOR ME TO STEP AWAY FROM THE DESK TO HELP YOU ALL STEP IT A LEVEL IN THE HOBBY !"

OK ! THE FRIST LESSON WE WILL TAKE ON WILL START AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR BUILDS ! AND WE WILL THEN WORK UP TO THE TOP !

PLEASE NO BULLSHIT IN HERE ! ITS EASIER FOR OTHERS TO FOLLOW AND LEARN IF THERE IS NO BULLSHIT IN THE WAY ! SO SHUT UP AND FELLOW !
If you have a statement or question about anything i will be MORE then happy to explain ! That's why i start with the supply list !
AGAIN LET THIS BE FOR ME TO POST UP MY HOW - TO'S SO I MAY HELP OTHERS !
IF THIS GETS TO BECOME ANOTHER SPOT TO FLAME OTHERS OR TO POST UP BULLSHIT I WILL HAVE THE MODS CLOSE IT AND I WILL NOT TRY TO HELP OUT EVER AGAIN !

1 RULE OF THUMB HERE IS THAT YOU NEED THE RIGHT TOOLS FOR THE JOB EVERY TIME YOU BUILD ! </span></span>

I hope you guys are ready cause this time its coming from the heart ! I see to many youngsters talking shit , and to many adults telling other how to build but don't build themselves ! Lets get this hobby and the builders in it to a new level with each kit they build !

Roughly $110.00 to get the best supplies needed on hand to bring your builds to an out standing clean level ! And keep in mind ! I BELIVE YOU SHOULD BE WELL STOCKED AT ALL TIMES ! I buy the most i can for my money and thats how i priced these supplies !

Any Question?

<span style=\'color:purple\'>Next class we will be opening a kit and preping it to be ready to build ! ;)

See less See more
#4 ·
Quick question to you guys ?

What is common kit that most people will have on hand that we all can grab , open up and build together as it would be easier to help others if when i got to point they were having touble i could do a HOW TO for that curtain item ! Or just any kit will work and you guys can learn from it what i am tring to pull off !

#6 ·
Originally posted by MayhemKustomz@Apr 16 2008, 01:46 AM~10427586
I would have to say almost everyone on here has atleast 1 64 Impala kit.

AMT or REVELL?

If i had a choice i would say REVELL ! More factory detail ! But i have the AMT kit on hand ! I guess i could run out and get the Revell .

#8 ·
Originally posted by MayhemKustomz@Apr 16 2008, 01:51 AM~10427597
Revell.
OK sound like a good idea ! Well let this cycle out for a few days and finialize it after members have chance to gather up supplies ! Kinda hard to get them to build if they are not ready with the supplies they need on hand huh ? :biggrin:

#11 ·
got my notebook and pen out scribblin all this down!!

thx mini, ive got a shopping list for tomoro, lol.

#14 ·
Originally posted by old low&slo@Apr 16 2008, 03:32 AM~10427817
hey mini
I am down with this. I got a 64 impala revell kit,
I was thinking about the brushes if you cant find them in the right size you could
also try artists supplies shops. I would think they would have them.
Yes sir ! But Please look into HOBBY LOBBY and Micheals ! They are always having sales a dn usually have 40% and 50% coupons on line and in the sunday papers !

Here's a link to HOBBY LOBBY ! Check it every week cause they offer an online coupon for differnt items all the time !

http://www.hobbylobby.com/

And as you can see this week they have there singlr brushes at 50% off and the online coupon is 40% off anyone item! :biggrin:

http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/weekly/spe...pecials-big.cfm

#17 ·
#19 ·
# 10 Another great tool to have to building a clean model are SHARPIES !

user posted image

Some times you just need them and the work great !
Most sharpies run a $1.00 each and you can also get them in packs for around $10.00! And Get different sizes ! They we work better !

I hope this detailed list for STARTERS will bring some of you guys up to date and ready for the next step i have plan !

And Silver sharpies are great for small details where you dont want to use BMF or paint.

#22 ·
awsome topic MINI.

also instead of the red and orange sharpies for taillights and blinkers, you can also you turn signal amber and stop light red paint. its got a lil bit of a metallic look to it but looks great. :cool:

#24 ·
Originally posted by spikekid999@Apr 16 2008, 01:54 PM~10430281
awsome topic MINI.

also instead of the red and orange sharpies for taillights and blinkers, you can also you turn signal amber and stop light red paint. its got a lil bit of a metallic look to it but looks great.  :cool:
Spike the list of items i posted up are to make it as easy and as detailed so the builders having trouble getting a very nice built done can do so and it be done in with in reach !

I would say stick to your most easy method tell you ace it and then go up ! You can always build your stock up when your ready to advance but for the most part we are trying to get builders focused on the Cleanlyness of the build ! We will cover adding the ultimate details later !

#25 ·
Originally posted by betoscustoms@Apr 16 2008, 11:13 AM~10430379
THANKS MINI, JUST LEARNED A FEW THINGS. GREAT JOB. NOW I HAVE TO GET STARTED AND BUILD AGAIN.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.