LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

MODEL RAIL ROADING

24K views 430 replies 80 participants last post by  Bogyoke 
#1 ·
well a wile back i got into model rail roading,i'm currently workin on a 8ft by 4 ft long layout, i started it back in january and hadn't touched it since probaly march.

heres what i got so far

a shee of ply wood with soem foam boards as my surface,the mountain i made my self along with the walls,using foam,news paper and soem paper mache type shit,i have soem box cars my track is finally layed down, just got to get a locomotive and power supply then i can start wiring it.
before i go the next step with the landscape buildings etc.

i plan on having a small town,gas station,whore house,a junk yard with old chevies,maybe a carnival with a car show and a small lake with a camp ground and soem tents and fishing.keep in mind the small town will look like something outta the 60's with a bar,bumbs on the street,hookers and maye a stripped car in the alley or side street ,should look good.

i have all the landscape,plants,trees,roads etc,
once i get wired i can go to the next step.

hopefully when i'm done it will look like one of teh fallowing.

it just takes a wile to complete

See less See more
#8 ·
Originally posted by fool2@Jul 13 2008, 09:19 PM~11077932
damn you got a bunch of hobbies. your setup is looking real good though. did you carve those mountains yourself?
yeah i cut styrofoam out the shape i wanted teh corners to be,made soem tunnels for the train to go through,balled up newspaper and used a paper mache type cloth to get the shape i wanted, i still have to use some putty to fill on the holes and get it the way i want it.
i got some plaster made rocks layin on the foam i'll use on the walls,to give it a rock type effect.

the only thing thats holding me up is gettin a good locomotive and eitehr a digital command or a basic transformer and of course wiring the track.

the digital command is a remote that controls everything from the palm of your hand, trains,lights,sounds,speeds etc.

still can't decide

#10 ·
Originally posted by 94capriceusaf@Jul 13 2008, 09:26 PM~11077972
Thats some cool shit.I bet it requires a lot of patience.
oh yeah, thats one reason why its been on hold for a lil wile.

it gets costly too,probaly got over 170 just in track alone.
the locomotives go from around 60 to 200 depending on what all u want.
digital command,probaly around 500 for everything needed to run a digital command.

#13 ·
thats nice. I wanna get me some new trains and stuff so i can do it again but i want the 1:25 size trains ;)

#16 ·
Originally posted by omaharidah@Jul 13 2008, 09:39 PM~11078044
you should get a little homeless guy and have him sleep by the tracks waiting for his train
yeah i was gonna have a few homemade tents with homeless sleeping by the tracks.and maybe put a car stripped their as well

#22 ·
I was just looking at some train websites. I am looking for a model water tower for my desk at work (I work for the water dept) but I don't know the scales o ho etc to figure out which scale to get the tower in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.