LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Lowrider Bicycle Archive pages

73K views 286 replies 82 participants last post by  Ese Caqui 
#1 ·
While I was at it I just scanned more pages of LRB just so that the youngsters and everyone else that missed out on those mags have a chance to look at work of some of the best model car builders in history.
Enjoy! :cool: :cool:

Starting out with Armando Flores

LRB winter '97

:cool: :cool:

See less See more
#60 ·
Originally posted by jevries@Apr 27 2009, 09:08 AM~13700841
Good to hear you'll like, makes scanning the pages a bit more fun! :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :cool:  :cool:

Will post more tonight! :cool:
YES J ! NICE WORK SO FAR ! THE FLASH BACKS ARE GREAT ! YOU GOT THE SPRING 2000 IT FEARTURED MY CLUB . IT DIDN'T SHOW ANY OF MY OWN BUILDS , I LET MEMBERS HAVE A CHANCE TO BE POSTED IN THE MAG JUST TO SHARE THE ENJOYMENT I GOT FROM HAVING MY OWN PICS POSTED IN SCALE AUTO AND MODELCARS !

TO MY MEMBERS FACE WHEN THEY SEEN THEIR BUILDS IN PRINT WAS WELL WORTH IT ! TO BE HONEST I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO WHORE UP THE CHANCE TO BE THE MAIN BUILDER PICTURED BUT HE'LL I THOUGHT I DID WHAT WAS RIGHT AND LET THE WHOLE CLUB GET SOME SPOT LIGHT TIME ! ;)

#62 ·
Originally posted by jevries@Apr 27 2009, 12:35 PM~13702781
The work of Armando M. Avila

Perhaps not as perfect as the ones build by Mr. Flores and Mr. Garcia but
well worth the effort! Eveyrhting is handpainted and if I remember correctly
he used the Araii '70's T bird for this build instead of the Caddy Eldorado both
the others used. :cool:

My first show I ever went to in Pheonix back in the Early-mid 90's had this 1:1 sittin in the back corner of the show. It was the coolest looking thing I'd ever seen. I always remember going home and spenging hours looking at the LRB. I was about 13 or 14 and can remember half of these builds Im seeing today. This custom work is what made me come back to modeling. Learning from the guys featured in this thread is an honor!

:cool:

#63 ·
Originally posted by Minidreams Inc.@Apr 27 2009, 09:36 AM~13701996
YES  J !  NICE  WORK  SO  FAR !  THE  FLASH  BACKS  ARE  GREAT  !  YOU  GOT    THE  SPRING  2000  IT  FEARTURED  MY  CLUB  .  IT  DIDN'T  SHOW  ANY  OF  MY  OWN  BUILDS ,  I  LET  MEMBERS  HAVE  A  CHANCE  TO  BE  POSTED  IN  THE  MAG  JUST  TO  SHARE  THE  ENJOYMENT I  GOT  FROM  HAVING  MY  OWN  PICS  POSTED  IN  SCALE AUTO  AND  MODELCARS ! 

TO  MY  MEMBERS  FACE  WHEN  THEY  SEEN  THEIR  BUILDS  IN  PRINT  WAS  WELL  WORTH  IT !  TO  BE  HONEST  I  WOULD  HAVE  LOVED  TO  WHORE  UP  THE  CHANCE  TO  BE  THE  MAIN  BUILDER  PICTURED  BUT  HE'LL  I  THOUGHT  I  DID  WHAT  WAS  RIGHT  AND  LET  THE  WHOLE  CLUB  GET  SOME  SPOT  LIGHT TIME !  ;)
I know you are a very modest guy...but don't overdo it. :biggrin: :biggrin: :cool:

#64 ·
Originally posted by jevries@Apr 27 2009, 12:36 PM~13703457
I know you are a very modest guy...but don't overdo it. :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :cool:
HAHAHAHAH!! :biggrin:

#66 ·
Representing Kenny Mar:cool: :cool:

this is the homie i just picked up my 1/16th kits from..... he's "retiring" and building a 1:1 truck..... lives about 2 miles away from me.... i'll get more pics of his stuff this weekend maybe :cool:
[/quote]

Cool, I def wanna see more of that Ford Beddancing truck because if that build the name Kenny Mar sticked to my brain. :cool: :cool:

#70 ·
Originally posted by rollinoldskoo@Apr 28 2009, 01:17 AM~13712861
he's seen your stuff on youtube and stuff and still has them dancers and stuff.... he said he lost the controllers but once he finds it or makes a new one we can do a video for him
Sounds even better!! :) :cool: :cool: I like that truck especially since it has a flatbed...most scale beddancers had a snugtop...which is kinda easier to make everything fit. ;)

#75 ·
:thumbsup: great thread :thumbsup:
i used to stare at these mags for hours
i have seen most but not all of the stuff posted .....and god i love it :yes:

thanks jevries

#76 ·
Originally posted by undercoverimpala@Apr 29 2009, 01:02 AM~13725988
Thanks J for posting all these pics up. I went to the AZ show on friday and i came up on these.

i cant find my old magazines but these are nice and new i already went over them like 5 times. if you need help let me know.
Damn bro great find!! The issues I don't have from the top row: #1 and #3. The rest I have. Tried to locate some on Ebay but no luck. :cool:
Can you make scans of some of the cool pages? :cool:

Your all welcome! I really enjoy putting this thread together! :cool: :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.