LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Scale Lowrider Modeler Magazine

39K views 58 replies 27 participants last post by  DJLATIN 
#1 ·
See less See more
#8 ·
Originally posted by drnitrus@Apr 1 2010, 08:33 AM~17064396
Wassup Homies
Throwing up a quick bump for the homie Buggs.  I got one of these from him the other day.  Since he supports the forum i try to help him out also. These are in stock ready to ship.

thats sick do they make size fat ass :happysad:

#9 ·
Originally posted by tone64@Jun 26 2010, 01:27 AM~17890938
:biggrin:  2THE TOP.
its pinned?

#17 ·
Originally posted by Models IV Life+Jul 26 2010, 05:49 PM~18145986-->
IS THIS MAG STILL IN PRINT OR WEB ONLY?? LAST I CHECKED IT WAS WEB ONLY AND HADNT BEEN UPDATED IN YEARS!!!!!!!
[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-Models IV Life
@Jul 26 2010, 05:49 PM~18145986
I SAY PRINT, UPDATE SITE OR GET UNPINNED FOR SOMEONE/SOMETHING THATS CURRENT.
Hmmm...okay! :) I never really have anything to say about much and I pretty much keep to myself. But for all those that seem to have a major concern whether Scale Lowrider Magazine is in print or web...thank you for your "concern!" ;) No, it has not been in print in quite some time now. I managed to get FIVE full issues out on my own...from cover to cover, paying for it by MYSELF with little or no help at all. Savings and 401k sucked dry! lol Since the demise of the mags last issue, I have had to face some financial problems on my own and have struggled to get it back out successfully to satisfy my loyal readers...thank you by the way. However, I DO have back issues that are still moving, current issue or not, from Texas to California and various states including out of the country!

No, I have not had time to update my site accordingly for those who care and I apologize for that. Its on my "to do" list. ;) I update the site on my own and there are only so many hours in a day. Since I first started my magazine back in the late 90's, the quality of builders building has changed! It not only impresses me but invites itself for me to post more articles and features on modellers in which I look forward to doing once we are back up and running! I have been building models for over 20 years and it never fails that I feel like I am still learning something new everyday with each and every person I meet in this industry!

Fortunately, I have managed to keep the site up and running for whatever reason...beit exposure or resources for others that BUILD more than they run their mouth. :biggrin: In order to keep the mags name in circulation until my situation allows me to release another issue in print, I chose to not only keep my site live...updated or not, but to try and sponsor this portion of the forum on LIL to ensure loyal readers that its still here...just not sure of its return in print! But
WE WILL BE BACK!

I have been very fortunate to have the friends I have locally, that support me in every way they can! You all know who you are..so thanks guys! DEE, thanks for letting me bend your ear in the past and the present to discuss my situations about the mag, past co-owners and my decisions to cease production or continue. It really takes a toll on a persons health trying to do it all! In particular, I would like to thank DOC for his efforts, ideas and contributions to the LOWS design as well as the revamping and possible re-release of future issues.

He convinced me that we should get the LOWS design, as well as other pending designs, posted with the intentions that readers would buy them in order to support the magazine aiding in ANY kind of financial assistance upon re-release. Every little bit helps. :) Funny tho...the very ones that have put the magazine sponsor topic and site not being updated on blast...are not listed in our paypal database as having purchased a shirt??? :wow: hmmm...thank you for YOUR support! lol But thank you for your feedback. Here's our email for paypal in case you feel the need to support what was created for YOU...the builder, Scale Lowrider Modeler Magazine: scalelowridermag@aol.com

Nevertheless...if you don't know...now you know...these things cost money! From online sponsorships to printed versions of ANY mag...it just costs money. Gary, thank you for working with me each month in order maintain my presence with the web banner for the mag.

Like I said in the beginning...I don't say much and I try and keep to myself. So sorry for this long winded speech but after reading the posts suggesting the magazine topic be "unpinned," I had to express my concerns and let those who posted their remarks, know how I feel and the mags current situation.

YES, in due time and by popular demand, I plan on re-releasing a few issues of the magazine in print somehow. If all works out...we'll see about the continuation for future issues. I will be happy to notify ALL readers that want to support it upon its return and where they may purchase copies! In the meantime, I will do my best to update the magazines site so that there is current information available for those that check it more often than none. Please be patient tho, whereas I pretty much do the layout, design, a portion of the writing for articles but have help these days, the updates for the web and other things as well as MY LIFE, work and family. :) i love what I do and wouldn't have started the magazine if I didn't! ;)

Thanks again for your concern and comments! I will do my best to adhere to them and my responsibility as a forum sponsor. I try and listen to whatever matter of concern that is presented. Please feel free to email me (buggs@scalelowrider.com) personally if you feel as though you are capable of helping support the magazine in any way! I am always looking for people to be a part of the magazine that build because you understand the business like we do! Thanks guys! Keep 'em low....reeeaaal low! And buy a shirt...thank you for your support! :biggrin:

Buggs
Editor-in-Chief
scalelowrider.com
Building imagination...one piece at a time!

#18 ·
WELL CHECK IT OUT HOMIE SINCE YOU DIRECTED THIS AT ME AND ONLY ME SINCE YOU QUOTED BOTH MY INQUIRES ON THE TOPIC SPONSORSHIP PIN AND NOBODY ELSE!! I HAVE SUPPORTED YOUR MAGAZINE IN THE PAST IN PRINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE ALL ISSUES AND SOME DOUBLES!!! SO TO SAY THAT US GUYS AREN'T IN YOUR PAYPAL IS BULLSHIT!!! I BOUGHT A GRIP OF YOUR MAGS FOR MYSELF AND HOMIES!!! YEAH I DONT HAVE A SHIRT ONLY BECAUSE I DIDNT KNOW YOU WERE SELLING SHIRTS!! LIKE I SAID AND IT WASN'T A NEGATIVE THING TOWARDS YOU OR YOUR MAG BUT WHAT I SAID WAS THAT THE MAG HADN'T BEEN IN PRINT IN YEARS AND THAT THE SITE HADN'T BEEN UPDATED IN YEARS!! EVERYONE GOT ISSUES HOMIE!! BUT YOU MAKE IT SOUND LIKE YOU HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A FEW MONTHS!!!

WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO YEARS AND YES YEARS, THEN YEAH PPL ARE GOING TO WONDER WHATS UP!! AFTER AWHILE PPL AREN'T GOING TO GO TO THE SITE CUZ THEY KNOW THAT ITS OLD NEWS!! I HAVE SUPPORTED EVERY PERSON IN THIS BITCH WHO HAS SOLD OR IS SELLING PRODUCT FOR THIS HOBBY!! FROM SCALELOWS TO SCALEDREAMS AND VARIOUS HOMIES WHO I'VE HELPED OUT IN BUYING SOMETHING OFF THEM TO HELP IN THEIR SITUATION!! SO YEAH I AM GOING TO VOICE MY OPINION WHEN I GO TO A SITE THATS A "SPONSOR" AND HAS THE SAME OLD ASS CONTENT FROM WAY BACK WHEN AND WONDER WHATS UP!! TAKE IT HOW YOU WANT HOMIE BUT EVERYONE HERE KNOWS WHAT KIND OF PERSON I AM AND KNOWS I'M NEVER IN THE "SHIT" TALKING!! IF MY COMMENTS OFFENDED YOU AND YOUR MAG THEN SHIT BRO YOU SHOULD BE GLAD THAT SOMEONE CARES ENOUGH TO WANT TO KNOW WHATS UP WITH THE MAG/SITE!! BUT FUCK IT IT IS WHAT IT IS BRO!!

AS FOR ME "RUNNING MY MOUTH" YOU GOT ME TWISTED HOMIE!! MY WORK SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!! BUT ITS ALL GOOD. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR RE-LAUNCH/UPDATES!!

#19 ·
Thanks for your reply. I hope that you did not take anything in MY response in reference to the mag in an offensive way. Those were not my intentions. I just wanted to reply directly to those posts but not in a direct way. Maybe you read it in the wrong tone. I do not want to turn this into some online verbal battle. :) I appreciate your purchase(s) and welcomed your thoughts, opinions and concerns for the mag and the site. Yes...it has been YEARS and I am well aware of that. But I worked too hard just to let it fall by the side. ;) So I take everything into consideration while trying to ensure its return. Like I said man...it takes money and time! Thanks again for your support! ;)

#20 ·
:happysad: hell...old or not, i still hit the link from time to time jus 2 check it out again, and it never gets old 2 me? and then theres talk of the mag comin back... hell yah!! :biggrin: i didn't know there were still some old copys avail.?! how much?! i hope u make it back man! ;)

#21 ·
Originally posted by mistabuggs@Jul 31 2010, 08:16 AM~18192844
Thanks for your reply. I hope that you did not take anything in MY response in reference to the mag in an offensive way. Those were not my intentions. I just wanted to reply directly to those posts but not in a direct way.  Maybe you read it in the wrong tone. I do not want to turn this into some online verbal battle.  :)  I appreciate your purchase(s) and welcomed your thoughts, opinions and concerns for the mag and the site.  Yes...it has been YEARS and I am well aware of that. But I worked too hard just to let it fall  by the side.  ;)  So I take everything into consideration while trying to ensure its return.  Like I said man...it takes money and time!  Thanks again for your support!  ;)
NO PROBLEM HOMIE. NO HARD FEELINGS!!!I JUST TOOK IT AS A DIRECT SHOT AT ME FOR VOICING MY OPINION. BUT ITS ALL GOOD AND YES I STILL GOT MY ISSUES AND HAVE THEM IN PLASTICS CUZ I KNOW THEIR COLLECTORS ITEMS! I HOPE YOU DO COME BACK OUT WITH THE MAG AND WEB!!! I SUPPORT YOU AND ALL THE HOMIES ON HERE WHO GOT THIS HOBBIES BACK!! BTW 1 NEED A 2XL IN THAT LOWS SHIRT!! :biggrin:

#26 ·
We're Baaaaaaack! Scale Lowrider Magazine 2012...available this Fall.
This our BIG Comeback Issue, a Collector's Edition, and it's about to hit newsstands this Fall! We KNOW you've been waiting so here’s a sneak peek of what's to come in this exciting issue!!

“Take two of D’z and call us in the morning” because THIS issue features Renato "Doc" Silva's detailed lowrider Caddy by Revell. Custom kandy mix with patterned decals...”it's just what the Doctor ordered!” Plus the full story on Augustine Villegas aka TINGOS the "Interior King" and his amazing custom interiors!

How's about some "ORANGE CRUSH!" And we don't mean soda either! Ismael Villarruel, aka 408MODELS, drops this BOMB the right way! The custom chop top shows off the illustrious interior while the silver base gives way to let the orange top coat shine! Certainly NOT a can of SODA but well worth it for him to "pop the top!"

Raymundo Gomez' BIG Body Caddy...Purple Reign got a spot in this Comeback Issue too! From custom paint and patterns to custom spokes...this is a builder you'll want to read about! Talk about making it "Reign"...this model "reigns" supreme! From custom kandy paint to the patterns inside and out with the top down letting it all how, this model holds its own as a "Reigning" champion amongst its resin kind.

We're on FACEBOOK! "LIKE" our page and "stay tuned" with the latest news on articles, tech tips, new t-shirt designs and exciting giveaways and contests!! Click the link below to become part of the hottest lowrider model car page on Facebook...SCALE LOWRIDER MAGAZINE!

More info to come on exact release dates as well as future issues but this little "sneak peek" should give you more than enough "to build on!"

Scale Lowrider Magazine
www.scalelowrider.com
Building imagination...one piece at a time!™

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.