LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Damaged's Builds

84K views 811 replies 115 participants last post by  Damaged 
#1 ·
G'day all, im from south australia, ive been a lurking this forum for a few years.
and like what i see here lots of talent and awesome builds.
some of you may have seen my builds else where, i figured you guys would like some of my builds.

here some pics let me know what you think

See less See more
#55 ·
Update

So while i wait for putty to dry on the 53 chev.
I started to fab a frame and setup for the 60 fleetside,this is the first time ive tried scratch-building something like this but im trying.

Big thankyou to 06150xlt for providing the kick ass tutorial helped out heaps :thumbsup:

This is my attempt so far :ugh:

Still got heaps to do,more braces etc. Then do a set up for the front.
Just thought i share sum pics to show progress so far.Comments, criticism, tips and techniques are welcome.
Let me know what ya think i need all the help i can get.

Much props to you fella's that do this type of stuff all the time,dont know how ya's do it.I found it to be challenging as.

To much inspiration on this forum which motivates ya to try.Thankyou to all members of the L.I.L model car community.

#58 ·
Originally posted by Trendsetta 68+Oct 20 2010, 12:06 AM~18849593-->
:wow:  ...that is some very impressive work bro !
[/b]
Thanks bro appreciate the comment.

<!--QuoteBegin-b_moneystyles
@Oct 20 2010, 08:45 AM~18853464
man that chassis is lookin tight! did you make the bags from o-rings or..?
Thanks b_moneystyles,yeah bro the bags are o-rings.

#62 ·
Originally posted by Damaged@Oct 23 2010, 07:28 AM~18887258
Update
more work done on frame/chassis

still heaps to do,but getting there.
thinking of adding more braces to the back half ?
:0 :wow: great job on that frame :thumbsup:

#66 ·
Originally posted by Damaged@Oct 23 2010, 10:28 AM~18887258
Update
more work done on frame/chassis

still heaps to do,but getting there.
thinking of adding more braces to the back half ?
nice frame work...like how u got it lookin. i know its gonna come out good...keep up da good work. laterz... :wow: :cool: :cool:

#67 ·
Originally posted by SlammdSonoma+Oct 24 2010, 08:29 AM~18889216-->
lookin awesome bro.  not bad for a first time. ;)
[/b]
thanks bro,
il admit it has been very challenging,having to make some things 2 or 3 times to get them to look right.but its been fun so far.

<!--QuoteBegin-dfwr83
@Oct 24 2010, 08:30 AM~18889221
nice frame work...like how u got it lookin. i know its gonna come out good...keep up da good work. laterz... :wow:  :cool:  :cool:
Thanks alot bro, hope it turns out good, painting frame is going to be the tricky part.

#70 ·
thanks bro,
il admit it has been very challenging,having to make some things 2 or 3 times to get them to look right.but its been fun so far.

thats the life of a scratchbuilder, some parts may get built munerous times just so it looks right. Hell just taking your time with it will create a badass piece like your doin up. ;)

#71 ·
Originally posted by Damaged@Oct 24 2010, 08:52 AM~18892832
Got some more work done on the frame.
engine mount,gear box mount done and added more frame work.

About 70% done,just need to do some work to the body so i can work out a few things to finish the frame.
dis frame work is wicked bro'...looks really good :wow: cant wait to c it n paint an wit a body. keep up da good work...laterz.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#72 ·
Thanks for the comments bro's

progress update

Test fitted body to frame and discovered a few issue's, and had to add an extension to the lower edge of body

Adding the extension caused a step in the panels so i used some epoxy putty to fill the step

Sanded,blend and smoothed the putty,also wanted to reshaped the wheel arch

More sanding and blending,also added extension to the front and rescribe lower half of door lines

#73 ·
And here's a quick mock up of how it looks so far

In the pic above do you Guys reckon i should make the wheel arch/openings smaller ? i think the front ones are to wide ?
Also any colour suggestions ?

Here is a pic of what it looked like before the mods

#74 ·
Originally posted by Damaged@Oct 26 2010, 08:00 AM~18910507
And here's a quick mock up of how it looks so far

In the pic above do you Guys reckon i should make the wheel arch/openings smaller ? i think the front ones are to wide ?
Also any colour suggestions ?

Here is a pic of what it looked like before the mods

u really puttin n some work bro'...very nice body work u put into it. :wow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.