LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

sinicle's build thread

99K views 1K replies 116 participants last post by  bigdawgg323 
#1 ·
So I'm getting back into building after a LONG time and the build I'm gonna start with is one that I started about 5 years ago (and put it down about 5 years ago. haha). I'm using this forum as a a running journal as sorts as I build this thing. so buckle up, sit tight, cause this is gonna be a VERY long, slow and uneventful ride! :roflmao: disclaimer: the only camera I have is on my IPhone so beware of shitty pics.

as you can see, this kit's been sitting for a WHILE

See less See more
#28 ·
I started looking in the trunk and hated the stock trunk floor side note: it sucks that in most kits there's no rack molded in, just batteries bolted down to trunk floors?

so I grabbed scrap batteries and built a rack that I liked better.

just a mock up. I still got lots to do

#29 ·
Originally posted by sinicle@Apr 3 2011, 03:57 PM~20249420
I started looking in the trunk and hated the stock trunk floor side note: it sucks that in most kits there's no rack molded in, just batteries bolted down to trunk floors?

so I grabbed scrap batteries and built a rack that I liked better.

just a mock up. I still got lots to do
looking good :cool:

#33 ·
Originally posted by hocknberry@Apr 3 2011, 01:58 PM~20249666
x2!! trunk came out nice!! hated how they were molded in too! esecially if you ar goung 2 pump?! who's gonna use 12 batt's for 2 pumps! :uh:  ;)
no shit huh...... worse yet the kit comes with 6 pumps molded together WTF????

lookin good homie.... all in the details :cool:

#36 ·
big thanks to everyone for looking!

Originally posted by hocknberry@Apr 3 2011, 04:58 PM~20249666
x2!! trunk came out nice!! hated how they were molded in too! esecially if you ar goung 2 pump?! who's gonna use 12 batt's for 2 pumps! :uh:  ;)
:uh: OOPS!

#38 ·
Originally posted by rollinoldskoo@Apr 3 2011, 06:07 PM~20250087
no shit huh...... worse yet the kit comes with 6 pumps molded together WTF????

lookin good homie.... all in the details  :cool:
IT'S SO YOU'LL HAVE EXTRAS! :biggrin:

#41 ·
Originally posted by SPL1T~PERSONAL1TY@Apr 3 2011, 07:30 PM~20250724
:0

what you gonna do with the extra batts doug ? :cool:
Two were dust, I'm keeping six and giving my nephew a few cause he just got his first setup.

#42 ·
one thing I don't see often on plastic is solenoids. all I need is to make 3 more and wire those suckers up! AND I'LL NEVER TELL MY SECRET ON HOW I MADE'EM!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:biggrin: JK! I'll always spill the beans! the reason I posted this topic is to go through a build with everyone and teach whoever wants to learn what they don't already know and hopefully learn a few things on the way! :biggrin: it's not tricky, just small. i use parts trees and thin styrene squares.

#43 ·
Originally posted by sinicle+Apr 3 2011, 07:37 PM~20250800-->
Two were dust, I'm keeping six and giving my nephew a few cause he just got his first setup.
[/b]
:0
if he's switch happy hes gonna have alotta fun better stock up on motors and solenoids :biggrin:

<!--QuoteBegin-sinicle
@Apr 3 2011, 07:48 PM~20250889
one thing I don't see often on plastic is solenoids. all I need is to make 3 more and wire those suckers up! AND I'LL NEVER TELL MY SECRET ON HOW I MADE'EM!!!!!!! :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

:biggrin: JK! I'll always spill the beans! the reason I posted this topic is to go through a build with everyone and teach whoever wants to learn what they don't already know and hopefully learn a few things on the way! :biggrin: it's not tricky, just small. i use parts trees and thin styrene squares.

those lil solenoids are crazy i gotta make some of those :wow:

#44 ·
The rest of'em. they still need mounting brackets, final shaping and sanding and paint

the scale turned out pretty good for guessing! :dunno:

#48 ·
I think next on the agenda is 3 Adex. I need'em for the setup anyway. should be easier than the solenoids, but still not looking forward to making the lock wires on the screws :uh: (I gotta keep my warranty)!

#49 ·
Originally posted by sinicle+Apr 3 2011, 08:12 PM~20251108-->
The rest of'em. they still need mounting brackets, final shaping and sanding and paint

the scale turned out pretty good for guessing! :dunno:

[/b]
:wow: shit i would of thought you measured

<!--QuoteBegin-sinicle
@Apr 3 2011, 09:05 PM~20251660
I think next on the agenda is 3 Adex. I need'em for the setup anyway. should be easier than the solenoids, but still not looking forward to making the lock wires on the screws :uh: (I gotta keep my warranty)!
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

#50 ·
ALRIGHT! WHO'S READY FOR A LITTLE BREAK? :420:

just some REALLY old stupid shit

working more on the setup. what are these things across the top of the batts? a logo?.....GONE. shit looked dumb.

and got the runners on the noids. just need to find a donor phone cord for the pig tails :biggrin:

#51 ·
Originally posted by sinicle@Apr 4 2011, 11:03 AM~20255713
ALRIGHT! WHO'S READY FOR A LITTLE BREAK? :420:

just some REALLY old stupid shit
working more on the setup. what are these things across the top of the batts? a logo?.....GONE. shit looked dumb.

and got the runners on the noids. just need to find a donor phone cord for the pig tails :biggrin:

excellent job bro.. I wish those batterys came with rack already casted to them..
i tried to use diode's for solenoid blocks but they did not come out so good...
your look sick.. but I am one person who wont be doing that..

that's way to much detail for this ole guy... :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.