LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

sinicle's build thread

99K views 1K replies 116 participants last post by  bigdawgg323 
#1 ·
So I'm getting back into building after a LONG time and the build I'm gonna start with is one that I started about 5 years ago (and put it down about 5 years ago. haha). I'm using this forum as a a running journal as sorts as I build this thing. so buckle up, sit tight, cause this is gonna be a VERY long, slow and uneventful ride! :roflmao: disclaimer: the only camera I have is on my IPhone so beware of shitty pics.

as you can see, this kit's been sitting for a WHILE

See less See more
#52 ·
Originally posted by Hydrohype@Apr 4 2011, 11:24 AM~20255866
excellent job bro..  I wish those batterys came with rack already casted to them..
i tried to use diode's  for solenoid blocks but they did not come out so good...
your look sick..  but I am one person who wont be doing that..

that's way to much detail for this ole guy... :biggrin:
I wish I knew how to cast :uh: as is I got to build/carve everything by hand. if anyone who does resin casting wants any FREE one-offs for a mold, let me know. I GOT NO PROBLEM GIVING MY SHIT OUT :biggrin:

#53 ·
AND A HUGE THANKS NOT ONLY TO EVERYONE WATCHING MY BUILD BUT EVERYONE ON LIL THAT BUILDS :biggrin: EVERY PICTURE I SEE IS MOTIVATION! :cool:

#55 ·
Originally posted by sinicle@Apr 4 2011, 11:03 AM~20255713
ALRIGHT! WHO'S READY FOR A LITTLE BREAK? :420:

just some REALLY old stupid shit
working more on the setup. what are these things across the top of the batts? a logo?.....GONE. shit looked dumb.

and got the runners on the noids. just need to find a donor phone cord for the pig tails :biggrin:

thats nice detail :420:

#57 ·
I decided to use some scrap 14ga. just split it open, splay out the wires and paint any color you want. twist a few together to make thicker cables/wires.

stick a pin into your table and.............

tiny ass pig tails! :biggrin:

now just cut to fit

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

#59 ·
Originally posted by sinicle@Apr 4 2011, 01:25 PM~20256681
I decided to use some scrap 14ga. just split it open, splay out the wires and paint any color you want. twist a few together to make thicker cables/wires.

stick a pin into your table and.............

tiny ass pig tails! :biggrin:

now just cut to fit

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
damn doug you putting in work :cool:

#60 ·
Originally posted by SPL1T~PERSONAL1TY@Apr 4 2011, 02:10 PM~20256961
damn doug you putting in work  :cool:
HA! IT TOOK ME TWO DAYS TO DO SOLENOIDS!!! at this rate JUST the trunk should be done.....in about a month! haha. I still got to build the Adex's, find the right diameter clear tube for the whammy tank (not to mention seal it so it holds water), wire and plumb the system....then I have to make removable upholstery panels that will cover up most the work! HAHA!

thanks for all feedback though! :biggrin:

#61 ·
Originally posted by sinicle@Apr 4 2011, 03:28 PM~20257074
HA! IT TOOK ME TWO DAYS TO DO SOLENOIDS!!! at this rate JUST the trunk should be done.....in about a month! haha. I still got to build the Adex's, find the right diameter clear tube for the whammy tank (not to mention seal it so it holds water), wire and plumb the system....then I have to make removable upholstery panels that will cover up most the work! HAHA!

thanks for all feedback though! :biggrin:
hell man, it's been 3 years. what's another couple of months?

u might use some clear hair gel for the water.. it's got bubbles & shouldn't seep out.

they also make this diorama water you can use.

the removable panels are gonna be dope :cool:

#62 ·
Originally posted by dig_derange@Apr 4 2011, 03:03 PM~20257316
hell man, it's been 3 years.  what's another couple of months?

u might use some clear hair gel for the water.. it's got bubbles & shouldn't seep out. 

they also make this diorama water you can use. 

the removable panels are gonna be dope  :cool:
thanks! :biggrin: all are good ideas, but I want it to slosh, to BE liquid. :cool:

#64 ·
I was diggin through all the topics on here, checking all the builds and came across a 63? with an open gas door. fucking awesome! I got dragged away from the computer before I could write down the name, but it still struck me. I couldn't help it! I just had to try! :biggrin:

just got to figure out a hinge/spring assembly.

just used styrene to make a recessed box. had to sand own the back of the plate area to make it level.

#69 ·
just finished a batch of "noids" to be sent off to the Rev Hearst in the morning for casting! to be honest, after all the crazy talent I see on this site, it blows me away that you guys like my shit! being a perfectionist makes it hard to see the obvious...if that makes any sense to anyone.

on a serious note, thanks again to everyone for all the feedback. this site has become as important a part of my life to me as my "mancave" HAHA!

#70 ·
Originally posted by sinicle@Apr 5 2011, 08:01 PM~20269130
just finished a batch of "noids" to be sent off to the Rev Hearst in the morning for casting! to be honest, after all the crazy talent I see on this site, it blows me away that you guys like my shit! being a perfectionist makes it hard to see the obvious...if that makes any sense to anyone.

on a serious note, thanks again to everyone for all the feedback. this site has become as important a part of my life to me as my "mancave" HAHA!

good shit doug i need a set casted :biggrin:

#71 ·
Originally posted by sinicle@Apr 4 2011, 11:25 PM~20261593
I was diggin through all the topics on here, checking all the builds and came across a 63? with an open gas door. fucking awesome! I got dragged away from the computer before I could write down the name, but it still struck me. I couldn't help it! I just had to try! :biggrin:

just got to figure out a hinge/spring assembly.
just used styrene to make a recessed box. had to sand own the back of the plate area to make it level.

YOU'RE A MACHINE SIR.NICE QUALITY WORK. :cool:

#72 ·
@ Sean: I'm sending reverendhearst a batch so if you wants casts, he should be able to make some soon.

@TINGOS: I'm just trying to keep up! :biggrin:

#75 ·
SPL1T BEAT ME TO IT!!!! :roflmao: that's an old pic though, she now has white fur interior (headliner, front and back dash, and door inserts) and curb feelers! :biggrin: I'm still stuck in the 70's even if the car is from the nineties! :roflmao:

#76 ·
Originally posted by sinicle@Apr 6 2011, 01:35 PM~20274761
SPL1T BEAT ME TO IT!!!! :roflmao: that's an old pic though, she now has white fur interior (headliner, front and back dash, and door inserts) and curb feelers! :biggrin: I'm still stuck in the 70's even if the car is from the nineties! :roflmao:
:biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.