LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Lorenzo's Build thread

54K views 992 replies 65 participants last post by  CemetaryAngel81 
#1 · (Edited)
CemetaryAngel81 builds and projects

What's up Layitlow I'm a newbie to Layitlow I'm hoping to get my build thread rolling soon.I started building when I was 13 stopped for a while but got back into it 4 years ago.I never built any show winners but now I'm hoping to up my build quality.I "llstart with my most recent and show some of my older stuff as I have time.I don't have a computer and my android doesn't have a photobucket link so bear with me.This is something I've been really wanting to do for a long time apart from just building my models!

#69 ·
Well back to the drawing board for the hinges,mine where completely off so I tore them off and started over.I'm also capping off the interior as we speak,I'm no TINGOS, Motor vehicle Luxury vehicle Auto part Vehicle
Capacitor Electronic component Electronics Technology Electronic device
Space
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Model car Classic car
first time doing guts like this,but it looks pretty good.

#79 ·
This is the only pic I got of this chopped 40 ford panel.It was first time I tried chopping something,came out kind of shitty,didn't sand enough,so it only looks nicer then it really is:( Land vehicle Car Vehicle Classic car Classic

#80 · (Edited)
Last one for the night,I promise !This is Poison Apple, of the 4 revell Mercs I have,I can never get tired of these,but I think if I do another,I'm going to slant the pillars,only thing I don't like about this kit Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Full-size car
Vehicle Green Car Transport Model car

#83 ·
Thanks for them words Chevyman,I'm going to be posting more progress on the 50 trokita,say has WARS67 been online lately?I've been wanting to see if he had any pictures of a completely wired straight 6 I have vague memories of this motor from my brother in laws' old truck,I don't remember how the wires went,just want it to be legit looking.

#84 ·
Finished inline 6! thanks WARS67! Although the bottom hose is a beast to locate properly,as you can see it looks kinda off.:rolleyes: Toy Action figure Fictional character Machine Robot

#86 ·
This 70 Monte has a 2000 Silverado Vortec stuffed into it.Old School exterior new school guts.The paint is Winfield inspired,but I,m not really feeling the wheels.I'm considering swapping them for 5/20 Cragers or if I can find em the Supremes in the 70 Impala. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Model car
Vehicle Car Model car Toy vehicle Scale model
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Classic car

#89 ·
@Halfass Kustom/ Yeah I'm going to tearing into this eventually,its on the backburner for now,yours is Badass,in case you're wondering,on the Coffin Corner I'm lorenzovargas1978 and I've checked out your site and I recommend others here to do the same!!
@kykustoms thank you for the comps,Your new skull truck is sick!!

#90 ·
I corrected the door hinges,you can see how off the first effort was,I'm gonna build the door panels tonite,hopefully;) Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Coupe utility
Technology Vehicle Car Subcompact car Family car

#92 ·

Started this last night. A revell 60 Impala. I 'm gonna name this 60's lowlow" Sea of Fire" I'm just getting warmed up on what the layers and layers of multicolored flames are to be like. This just a test run, I cut these fames from frog tape and I'll see what I can come up with. I'm thinking Candy Purple on the body with a Watson like panaling. l Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle
Automotive design Vehicle door Vehicle Car Automotive exterior

#94 ·
Purple Vehicle
Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Hood Auto part
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive exterior
Automotive exterior Car Vehicle Bumper Hood
I set aside the trokita and "Sea of Fire"for a moment,cuz Trend's decals came in!Now this is actually a facelift of an old build(see upper part of page 2)I masked off the roof and trunk for the Evening Orchid laquer,I didn't do the side spears as I debating using a non metallic lavender.The old Revell pinstipe decals fell victim to the tape,no biggie,I've got more in my parts box.Still need to clean up and wet sand,as some overspray went into the passenger quarter panel.

#95 ·
Heres were Im at on the 50, still messing with getting the doors to fit right,also working on the pesco pumps that are going in the bed, Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Bumper
Hand Technology Finger Electronic device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.