LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

CT's recent builds

31K views 351 replies 54 participants last post by  chris_thobe 
#1 · (Edited)
Whats up guys, I haven't built in a long time but I have been getting back into the model game over the last couple months. Me and the wife just had a baby in November so I have been spending a lot more time in the house bored so I started building again. Here is a couple newer rides, let me know what u think. I am open to ideas and some constructive criticism. I bought an Iwata airbrush and been screwing around with it, but I am pretty much starting over after several years of not building, so I am trying to accumulate some different paints and different shit to get more detailed with my builds.

#16 ·
Thanks man, I have seen some of your paint jobs and you do some nice work! Tryin to hit that status but, got a hell of a long way to go. I gotta find some paint for the airbrush that I like, I sprayed a Regal yesterday with auto air sparklescent lime green and I don't like how the paint laid out, and it doesn't feel dry, still feels tacky after about 8 hours?? I have always had better luck with automotive paint, but its not convenient like the small bottles of premixed paint!

#15 ·
Thanks bros, I need to get a desk in my spare room, I am camped at the bar in the kitchen and I think its starting to piss the wifey off..lol. Got a bench out in the garage but its cold as hell outside. :eek:hno:

#24 ·
YO

man paint that thing hinge it up & send it to me.do it for free,TINGOS cool like that.hit me up when you ready 214-794-2037,just pay the shipping back home.UPS shippin in the U.S. from my job is 10 bucks and its insured for 100 bucks.

#22 ·
Here is my Grand National, I shaved the cowl hood, and shaved the rear spoiler to give it the Regal look. I am building this one to look like a hopper, but it isn't gonna have real moves. I tried the Auto Air Colors paint and didn't like it at all, don't know if I did something wrong, or if it is supposed to feel tacky. I am used to automotive paints and this is the first time I tried water base.. The green looked bad so went over it with bomb can green (in pics). It turned out good but I got paint bleed on the white so I am going to respray it.

Here is the next project on the bench, SS Monte Carlo. Thanks to Jevries for the LS conversion kit, Thanks to Trendsetta 68 for the decals, got some different Pegasus wheels on the way, more pics to come soon.. :thumbsup:

#23 ·
Here is some resin I have been messing with. I am starting small and hoping to get better. These are the subs I casted. They are 1 piece molds so I casted fronts and the backside of the subs.

These are some different style batteries...

Here are 2 different types of rims that I made, don't really know if I like them, they are 2 piece so the dish can be painted different than the face very easily, they are old hoppin hydro wheels that were ugly so I cut them up and reversed them to make them deep dish and they look way better.

#29 ·
I just took the hood, cut out the raised part, cut a piece of styrene the exact same size as the hole, super glued it in place and skim coated it with bondo.. It is completely flat on both sides, I thought about casting it and popping a few, It turned out real nice. Thanks for the nice words! Glad to be back in the game.

#33 ·
everything you've posted thus far looks GREAT! I love the detail of putting the bowtie on the rear diff in the cut out bed! welcome back, and don't be shy about throwing up more eye candy!:cool:

#35 ·
Got some more goodies today! Got 3 new sets of Pegasus spokes, and A set of Aoshima 22's that are sick, with some square subs. Also went to Hobby Lobby and got some foam and felt and chrome poster board to try and knock out some interiors. Still going to let the homie TINGOS hook one up for me, but I want to try my own to see if I got the touch. :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.