LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

CT's recent builds

31K views 351 replies 54 participants last post by  chris_thobe 
#1 · (Edited)
Whats up guys, I haven't built in a long time but I have been getting back into the model game over the last couple months. Me and the wife just had a baby in November so I have been spending a lot more time in the house bored so I started building again. Here is a couple newer rides, let me know what u think. I am open to ideas and some constructive criticism. I bought an Iwata airbrush and been screwing around with it, but I am pretty much starting over after several years of not building, so I am trying to accumulate some different paints and different shit to get more detailed with my builds.

#41 ·
Thanks, I really like the Aoshima wheels, they are super nice, and they came with 2 amps, 2 rear square subs, 2 front square subs, 4 component speakers and 2 cd players, and I think it was around $22 shipped from Tokyo. I didn't think that was too hateful, but now I am going to have to get a truck to throw them on, or redo my 99 silverado I have, that is in a box falling apart. Maybe get it out and shave everything, and build a full frame and all that good stuff :yes:

#42 ·
What the hell am I supposed to put over Alclad II chrome?? I sprayed it on the suspension parts of the Regal hopper and it looked real nice, but it was rubbing off when I was handling it, so I misted a coat of laquer clear on it and it turned to shit.. What am I doing wrong?? :banghead:

#45 ·
Cool man, thanks. I think I might gather a bunch of parts up and send them to Chrometech, looks like it could get pricey though. Thats the only thing that is going to come close to real chrome though.

#50 ·
Finally, I layed out the pattern decals that I got from Trendsetta 68. Here it is mocked up, still gotta foil it and clear it. It definately isn't as yellow as I was hoping for but oh well..

#54 ·
Got the monte cleared and foiled.. That kandy really brought out the flaws after I cleared it. Its got a couple knicks and small scratches that must have been in the primer, but otherwise turned out pretty good I guess.

#63 ·
Got another project that I have been screwin with. I am turning this thing into a wagon and hooking the lights up, then I got some HOK metal flake and some Kandy purple thats gonna get sprayed on it.

#65 ·
Been messin with this rat rod a little bit. Not using this motor, I just wanted to see what it would look like with a top feul motor in it, going to use the flathead that came with it. This is my first rust bucket attempt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.