LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

My WIPs and builds

8K views 76 replies 21 participants last post by  IceMan555 
#1 ·
Hey LIL! I'd been away for a while selling some of my kits. Decided to get back in the bench and build something. So here are a couple I've built and some WIPs

Extended the side windows on this 49 Merc

Still working on this one

See less See more
#44 ·
Alright, I hadn't done anything to this one sine last July I think. decided to take it out and work a little bit more on it. Here what I did tonight.

Lowered the back a little bit more. From this...

To this...

Finished up the interior installing the dash.

A few more details to the engine bay

#46 ·
Waiting for some parts on the 64 to dry so moved on to start this custom 49 ford. Some body work and mocks only so far. Extended the front end, added skirts, and working on custom taillights.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#51 ·
That 49 ford is history! Dropped it and stepped on it as the stool I was sitting on also broke. :facepalm:

So cleaned up the bench and started a new build. Paint is close to complete. 50 Olds Custom.

Using Alclad candy paints for this one. Patterned/laced top.

#52 ·
Put the Olds away for a bit. Won't be able to get to it until after the builds for our forum's contests. Here are two more I did finish though.

A 1940 Ford Coupe

#55 ·
Here we are again. Another contest over at our forum so another build. The contest is Best of the Decade: The 60s. You guys should check it out. Anyways, the 60s cars are so stylish man. Went from a 62 Chrysler 300 to a slammed 64 pickup, and finally settled on this 62 Pontiac Catalina "Agent Orange". Of course I'm slamming this one so the first thing I had to do was work on the chassis. Some before and after pics.

Will be shades of orange. Alclad candy orange over a silver base. Thinking of adding some white patterns but won't know until interior starts to come together. Coats of clear drying right now.

The engine is also very close to being all done.

More to come...

#57 ·
Thanks for the compliments? So here's more on the Catalina. The undies are pretty much done. The body is in the paint booth with its fifth layer of clear and then on to foiling. Thanks for watching.

#58 ·
And while the Catalina dries, here is my next project. It's a 1951 Chevy Sedan Delivery. I want to make it a business vehicle, just don't know what type of business yet. So far only the body has been cleaned up. There a shot of the stance I wNt also, just a little higher in the rear to make it level.

#59 ·
Kit:
AMT 1962 Catalina 421 SD "Poncho" kit

Aftermarket parts:
Detail Master Distributor
Detail Master fuel lines
Detail Master alternator bracket
Parts by Park air cleaners
Model Car Garage Pulley faces
BMF Ultra Chrome

Scratch-built:
Oil dipstick
carburator fuel line setup

Paint:
Testor's AMC Sterling Silver base
Alclad II Candy Orange

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.