LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Aztec Warrior 1950 Ford Lowrider Custom

39K views 321 replies 56 participants last post by  modelsinc1967 
G
#1 ·
I havent for gotten about the strippers delight but had another brain storm, turning a 1950 Ford into a custom aztec warrior complete with stone work pyramids and custom interior to look like stone work just like my (1941 chevy) hell train build i just finished.

got the doors opened and ready to frame....

trying out something new for me anyway, skinning the top layer off of foam core to use for interior panels that i can carve intricate aztec designs in the door panels, dash, and roof. The bed will have a pyramid and other aztec design/shapes in it.

so here goes, will try to keep up work on the strippers delight as well, but will see what happens.

See less See more
G
#60 ·

thanks Deecee,

i think this time im gonna fire up the vinyl cutter and put some aztec design ghost patterns on the body of the truck....ill cut the designs in premask vinyl to use as a mask.

G
#66 ·
I'm not a figure painter, not even close but think this one is coming out pretty good. I still have to work on shading and some highlighting as well as the face but have about 10 of these to go.........

G
#81 ·
Been working on the radiator, always wanted a more realistic radiator then what comes in the kit, I came across this tip from a modeling website and to finish it off i have to install the photo etch radiator detail screen on top but that should not be to hard after all the painstaking time that went into the vanes of the radiator.

G
#82 · (Edited)
FINALLY!!! Finally got down to business to figure out a design for the grille and how it would look over all, not sure about the tooth pick staying, was going to put tooth picks up and down for a grill effect but could break the foam in the process and could use smaller round post, but so far pretty content with the design.

G
#83 ·
I was playing around with ideas for the foam thats supposed to look liked carved stone and made a discovery using the softer foam that you can emboss designs in them using metal jewelery bits and pieces, hummmm leads to even more ideas..............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.