LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Egyptian Raider Pick up

11K views 125 replies 11 participants last post by  modelsinc1967 
G
#1 ·
This is the last thing that I should be doing but have had this idea for a while and while shopping for more gamer bits came across a piece i could not pass up that added to it so I bought it and will start this now.....Not sure if it will stay a 50 chevy, may try a 55 ford pickup but this 50 model gives the general idea i have for the truck, may add a trailer, may not, time will tell..

still working hard on the Aztec Warrior but re inspired by Egyptian treasure gamer piece i found today....

See less See more
G
#83 ·

getting the trailer suspension finished....

also suspension on the truck.....

and getting work done on the hinges for the doors, I always wait to the very last minute to do this task as it can be frustrating to get them to work right. But in order to get the interior finished I have to get the hinges done and working right to be able to get the door panels attached.....

G
#88 ·
well had a little set back on this build and will have to rebuild the walls of the truck around the firewall. I tried every possible shape for the hinges but could not get the hood to open on the hinges with out having to pull the hood up as you open it so i gave up. I will either use this double jointed hinge or no hinge at all. :-\

G
#89 ·
ok enough of the hood hinge now to get back to work on track, I like to model the engine with actual pulleys and tape for the belt but ran out of machined pulleys so i decided to try my hand at scratch building and think these pulleys came out pretty good.
Only have my cell phone camera and hard to get a good shot of them but here goes.

G
#93 ·
I decided I had to come up with a plan for the 1932 interior, I went from resin to foam with button tufted patterns to this made out of the urethane foam....It made for a wide interior so would be going with a single seat and a center mounted steering wheel. The more I look at it the more that I am not sure if it will stay this way but better than what I had before which was nothing....

rough formed the foam to fit the body...

got it shaped closer to the finished shape.

decided the seat back needed more detail...

G
#95 ·
not much of an update got the tail on the car and some resin casted pieces under the the car on the frame, also tried out a set of supremes and I like the look of them over the wires, but not sure if they will be the final wheels....

G
#96 ·

this is not part of the theme but noticed how well a sand trooper action figure helmet fit a Sphinx and said why not, Ill have to add one in this build some where.....

just like this hieroglyphic someone Photoshopped, kinda gave me the idea as well.

G
#98 ·

the rest of the front grill for 32.

something I came up with for a Radiator support...

rear bumper...

not sure if I like the mummy hands on the fenders or not, will have to give those more thought....

G
#99 ·
not much of an update this morning I usually get a full night in Sunday night but had other things to take care of so what little time I did use I had to build up the wall around the wheel wells in the rear to not show the plastic used for the floor of the 32, got the pass door hinge on the pickup, filled in a gap at the bottom edges of the firewall with a thing strip of plastic, and played around with placement of other Egyptian items on the under carriage as well at the rear shelf tray of the 32.....

G
#100 ·

Decided to take another crack at a hood hinge, this one works a lot better, it still needs to be slide out as it is opened but works better than all the other attempts...

have had this idea for a while but if I go for it will take hours to get the pyramids sanded thin and shaped to fit the best but this is about the only good place for them on the project as tiles under the '32.

G
#101 ·
another little update planning on adding taillights to the sarcophagus on the fenders,

the final attempt on a hood hinge and it came out great, very little pulling on it as it opens, now all ill need to add once the inner fenders are in is a prop rod to hold it up....

and another star wars themed treasure....

G
#102 ·
small update, decided that it needed at least two batteries for the hydros and that a good spot would be under the bed attached to the frame. There will be one on either side.

this is pretty much the final design of the bed of the truck, its cramped with a lot going on but it has all that it needs three amps, three speakers, two hydro pumps and will have the cylinders coming up thru the bed just in front of the cylinders...

G
#103 ·
No update for a while, finally decided that the mess in the model laboratory was getting to be to much, could not even find half of the pieces I needed or the little pieces for the project so I cleaned it up.....

as far as the build goes about the only thing been working on is deciding the final design of the bed of the truck so I decided to do a foam surround on the top of the bed like I did on the last two builds.... and here is the final design of that bed cover....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.