LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Gold Plating

59K views 501 replies 130 participants last post by  SERIOUS 
#1 ·
Let me know if you want any chrome or polished stainless parts gold plated. I can do just about any size parts. emblems and other parts directly on the car .I'm in Merced, Ca. send me a PM or call me on my cell (209) 658-2190 if your interested.

here are a few things you need to know about the plating ;)

*** It is real 24k gold

***chrome must be in very good condition

*** This plating process will not fix or cover any defects

*** stainless parts must be buffed to a mirror finish first

*** Aluminum parts cannot be done unless they have been chrome or nickle plated first

wrench B4

wrench after

Euro cutlass grilles

Heres a better pic so you can see how one is a little dull. This is a good example of how the finish of the chrome will effect the final product. This plating process wont fix or cover defects .

See less See more
#52 ·
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Aug 7 2008, 01:34 PM~11285720
probly like $150.
:0

r u busy? or avaliable to do parts in like a month or so?

#57 ·
TTT for the homie. :thumbsup:

How much for '83 caddy headlight bezels, bumper guards, fender trim, lower rockers, rear taillight housing, and that one chrome trim/molding on top of the grill? (whatever the fuck its called). :biggrin:

#60 ·
Originally posted by calilife83@Aug 20 2008, 12:32 AM~11390860
TTT for the homie. :thumbsup:

How much for '83 caddy headlight bezels, bumper guards, fender trim, lower rockers, rear taillight housing, and that one chrome trim/molding on top of the grill? (whatever the fuck its called). :biggrin:
I havn't had a chance to do any stainless yet. From what I've heard it takes more gold to cover it and it doesnt come out as nice as chrome parts. I'm sure if the stainless parts are buffed to a real good mirror finsh. Then they will look fine. Just make sure the parts are buffed first. I need to order a special chemical to activate stainless though (been lagging on that) as far as pricing, set of 4 fender trim $150, Large rockers $300 full set.

Lets see the other stuff ,Headlight bezels $75 pair, Taillight housings $100 pair, Grill shell $75, bumper gaurds $50 pair

#61 ·
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@May 21 2008, 03:48 PM~10706349
Let me know if you want any chrome parts gold plated. I can do emblems and other parts directly on the car .I'm in Merced, Ca. send me a PM if your interested.

here are a few things you need to know about the plating ;)

*** It is real 24k gold

***chrome must be in very good condition

*** This plating process will not fix or cover any defects

*** stainless parts should be buffed to a mirror finish first

*** Aluminum parts must be chrome or nickle plated first
wrench B4

wrench after

Euro cutlass grilles

Heres a better pic so you can see how one is a little dull. This is a good example of how the finish of the chrome will effect the final product. This plating process wont fix or cover defects .

;)

#62 ·
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Aug 20 2008, 08:01 PM~11397770
I havn't had a chance to do any stainless yet. From what I've heard it takes more gold to cover it and it doesnt come out as nice as chrome parts. I'm sure if the stainless parts are buffed to a real good mirror finsh. Then they will look fine. Just make sure the parts are buffed first. I need to order a special chemical to activate stainless though (been lagging on that) as far as pricing, set of 4 fender trim $150, Large rockers $300 full set.

Lets see the other stuff ,Headlight bezels $75 pair, Taillight housings $100 pair, Grill shell $75, bumper gaurds $50 pair
Those prices sound really good. ;)

#63 ·
I hope so. I'm still new to this so the pricing thing is still kinda up in the air. It's a guessing game for the most part. I have a list of suggested prices for some parts and what the cost of the gold would be to do that part. So ,I try to stay in the middle of those numbers hoping that is a good deal.For large parts I gotta do some math to come up with an approx. price per sqr". So far people have been happy with my price quotes. But, no work yet :dunno: .No big deal tho. I know over time it will pay off. I really havn't pushed my name out there either. Just a couple topics on here.

#70 ·
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS+Jul 12 2008, 11:52 PM~11075405-->
If it is chrome over plastic then yeah. These grilles are plastic. As long as the chrome is is in good condition is all that matters. The gold is gonna look as good as the chrome does. Thats why one of the grilles is a little dull. The chrome was worn and dull so thats how the gold came out. But as long as your parts are perfect and shiny, Then its all good. :cool:
[/b]
This is the truth for everything you want to plate..better quality nickle or chrome, better your parts will look. ;) Got about 12yrs off and on plating with my machine..no way around quality of parts people bring you.

Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Aug 20 2008, 09:01 PM~11397770

Stainless doe snot shine like chrome...you can tell the difference once its plated also. This type of gold plating does not re-nickle/chrome the part before gold plating. Prior quality makes the biggest difference. Estimates on prices is pretty much how you have to do it, I do not have a price list and never have. Nice work, good luck :thumbsup:

<!--QuoteBegin-RAIDERSEQUAL
@Aug 7 2008, 06:55 PM~11288046
:0

r u busy? or avaliable to do parts in like a month or so?
If your's is the ride at D&A's then I will be getting to you real quick :thumbsup:

#72 ·
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Jul 12 2008, 06:02 PM~11074087
Just finished plating these Euro cuttlas grilles. They are used grilles that I had in the garage. I spent several hours cleaning and polishing them before starting the plating process. The one on the left (driver side) was more worn and came out a little dull .But other than that, they look good. If anyone is interested in buying them .I'll take $55.00 shipped for the pair :biggrin:

Do you still have these grill?

#75 ·
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Sep 28 2008, 12:49 PM~11720832
No sold'em  a couple months ago. Thanks for pointing that out. I went back and edited the post. :cool:
Okay. thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.