LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Impalas Magazine

297K views 5K replies 671 participants last post by  mexchicano 
#1 ·

When one thinks of the classic Impalas lifestyle, one has many visions, but the vision that most people see are that of a beautifully restored vehicle. Others may see the back bumper of a ‘64 smashing the pavement as the front bumper reaches for the sky at the flick of a hydraulic switch, to others, that vision may be of a ‘65 with a “beefed up” engine, trembling with every press of the gas pedal, or could it be a sleek convertible ’59 with it’s beautiful wings and long body lines as it cruises the streets with it’s top down, letting the warm summer air blow past you, or others may even see a ’63 on 20’s, slammed to the ground, laying on the grass. But most do tend to agree, the Impala is a mainstay and will be around for many years to come.

We at Impalas Magazine want to bring such vehicles to our readers, to those that love the deer emblem, that love the little flags on the front fenders, and to those that live, breath, and die for the Chevrolet Impala. We are taking years of experience to try to bring you an art form that we feel will not die soon, one that has lasted, well, since the late ‘50s and has gained so much momentum and strength that it will carry on until, who knows, when cars fly? I am sure that anyone from the ‘50s, ‘60s, and ‘70s sees what has happened to the originals that were built back then love the changes that have evolved from that first 1958 vehicle that rolled right out of the assembly line and into many of our hearts and will be celebrating its 50th Anniversary in 2008.

We at Impalas Magazine will bring you full features of Impalas, but not just one style, but of many styles, be it low rider, street rod, rat rod, hoppers, original, full custom, street customs. We will also be including car show features and will make sure that everything else that isn’t an Impala makes it to the pages of our magazine for the other custom car enthusiasts. We want to include a car club feature every issue no matter how big or small the club is. An interview will also be included in each issue of people and businesses that have stood the sands of time and those that have started new and fresh ready to make their mark on the scene. We will bring you advertisers geared toward our love for this car, advertisers that share one common goal and that is to keep the spirit alive, be it through paint, fabrication, accessories, clothing, hydraulics, and even music.

We will always have an ear that listens, an open door, and be available by ear and telephone to listen to everyone’s suggestions and opinions about the magazine. We will do our best to make it appealing to everyone from young and old, male and female.

The magazine will be printed quarterly for the first year and the debut issue should be available by late December of this year or early January of 2008. Another announcement will follow as to where the magazine will be available, when the website will be up and running, and how to subscribe.

We at Impalas Magazine invite you to come and take a little cruise with us, to turn the pages and dive right in, look at the photographs, read the articles, relive past memories, and to even create new memories with our periodical. If you see us out at the shows, hops, picnics, toy drives, cruises, or just hanging out come by and introduce yourself to us. This magazine has helped us build a bond with everyone that we have encountered and talked to so far. We would like to thank all of those that have helped and to those that have allowed us to bring you, the readers, their beautiful creations on wheels. Truthfully, this is a long time dream coming true and we WILL try our hardest to make this a magazine for everyone.

Impalas Magazine Editor
Jesse “Toro” Jimenez

See less See more
#31 ·
CONGRATS TORO</span>

CANT WAIT BRO

#35 ·
:cool: BIG TORO...... I KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMING, GOOD LUCK ON THE NEW MAG. NOW THE MAG IS OUT..... CAN WE TAKE A DANK BREAK, I'M READY TO SMOKE A FAT ASS PURPLE DANK BLUNT WITH YOU!!!!!! ONE LOVE FROM "ISLANDERS C.C. :cool:

#37 ·
:biggrin: :biggrin: Right on Big Jess!!! It was only a matter of time for this to happen !!! You have the talent, the know how , and the eye for the those perfect shots. You have shared your pics to thousands of people and have also made it possible for numerous people to have their rides featured in various magazines. I happen to be one of those people, you did the photo shoot for LoCompany and Street customs Magazine, and you also took the pictures for my Sons wedding , and I cant thank you enough for what you have done. You have given exposure and publicity for Car clubs, Car Shows, Events, Models ,weddings , etc.
In short my friend, if theres any truth to the old saying that ( what you do will come back ten folds) then success in your new endeaver with the magazine is evident . You can count on me for anything at anytime no matter what, and I am sure that the people and friends that you have touched by your photos will do the same .. I wish you only the best!!! onelove

#41 ·
Originally posted by slamn78@Oct 3 2007, 07:16 AM~8922275
:biggrin:  :biggrin:  Right on Big Jess!!!  It was only a matter of time for this to happen !!!  You have the talent, the know how , and the eye for the those perfect shots. You have shared your pics to thousands of people and have also made it possible for numerous people to have their rides featured in various magazines. I happen to be one of those people, you did the photo shoot for  LoCompany and Street customs Magazine, and you also took the pictures for my Sons wedding , and I cant thank you enough for what you have done. You have given exposure and publicity for Car clubs, Car Shows, Events, Models ,weddings , etc.
In short my friend, if theres any truth to the old saying that ( what you do will come back ten folds) then success in your new endeaver with the magazine is evident . You can count on me for anything at anytime no matter what, and I am sure that the people and friends that you have touched by your photos will do the same .. I wish you only the best!!! onelove
wow Rick.....that means a lot coming from you....thanks a million OG......you always have a way with words and know how to motivate people....thank you Rick.....

#42 ·
the magazine is set to debut in late December.......during the course of the next few weeks we will be posting up more information and the homepage should be up within the next couple of days.....

#47 ·
Originally posted by RollerZ 57@Oct 3 2007, 08:36 AM~8922582
GOOD LUCK BROTHA :biggrin:
thanks Ju.......see you in Vegas brother.....

#49 ·
CAnt wait to get a copy!!!

#50 ·
Damn, this should be a success since you're opening the magazine to the various types of Impalas out there. I'll definately be subscribing to this and looking forward to the many issues to come.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.