Need info on side moldings, trim......
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Enthusiast Poster

Default Need info on side moldings, trim......

I would like to know what the moldings on a 1964 Impala convertible non ss are mad of are they stainless steel or aluminum. The ones sold at classic industries are made out of aluminum. By the way I'm talking about the trim that goes from the front fender all the way to the back and then turns into a horse shoe backwards C and back to the front there are 7 pieces in each side. So basically what are these pieces made out of originally. Depending on the material do you guys chrome dip or polish them out. Beginner here so please forgive me if it sounds like a dumb question but I've heard from one way they are stainless steel and that they're aluminum from another want clarification. Thanks to all great community full of years of knowledge.

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

57 RAG
    Car Club
    $ MOST HATED $

they are aluminum and u can chrome them but chromed aluminum is more prone to chip and with polishing they will eventually need redone or put some sort of wax or zoop seal to help keep them shiny its all just personal prefference.

Enthusiast Poster

So is there a big quality difference between the ones from classic industries and the originals. Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by 831impalas View Post
    So is there a big quality difference between the ones from classic industries and the originals. Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it.
    Og parts are always better. Repop moldings are fine tho.

Its not too hard to fix an polish aluminum trim. Check this out.

https://www.layitlow.com/forums/23-pa...ore-money.html

I've got side trim on my 63 from classic industries. It fit and looks great ,however, it doesn't match exactly if you mix the c.i. Repops with Og trim. I have og 1/4 panel and fender trim but not the doors and you could tell the difference when i just installed the door trim at first. I feel the c.i. Repop trim could be polished better but i left it as is for now.

57 RAG
    Car Club
    $ MOST HATED $

og is always better repop is ok but never seems to fit exactly but it works just determine what end results u want and that will guide u on what u need to do.

Enthusiast Poster

Thanks everyone for their imput much appreciated.

9. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Thread Information