from a old timer
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default from a old timer

Had car with hydralicks before
    I had a car with hydralicks back when they started my car rode as good as a normal car.
    Been wanting to get one again but see that the new cars with hydralicks ride like *hit bounceand not as smoth as the old cars used to be.
    When I was youg had a friend that put aircraft parts in my car and rode great.
    What is the best way to go hydro are air.
    Thanks for the help if any

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Addict Poster

the only reason the ride was different cause the coils were cut stock ones and now the people are more into power and speed when hitting the switch.

So stiffer coils are used.
    Life is like a jar of Jalapenos
    Whats good today
    Can get you in the end tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks like i said would like to get back into it so just looking for advice from you young ins.
    I haven't had one with hydralicks for over 30 years

Whatever the car is you're looking to build, install accumulators on the pressure side of the lines to the cylinders. They are gas charged balls that allow the cylinders to move like shocks to dampen the ride. So smooth you'll forget there's hydraulics installed. Smoother than just stock cut coils.

LoW since 1997
    Car Club
    No affiliate

Not sure what kind of car your going juice, But run rear shocks and coil under set up in the rear with accumulators that will give you a good ride like your looking for

I run a coil over setup on an 86 regal with powerballs welded to the axle, no shocks, just accumulators in the back. No squeaking ever and no problem rolling over railroad tracks at 40 mph. I tried with shocks and accumulators and noticed no difference after taking shocks off. I also run 4accumulators on a fwd buick and it cruises smoother than with the factory strut/spring setup. Good luck, this is the place to find your answers.

A$AP
    Car Club
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by aron81 View Post
    Not sure what kind of car your going juice, But run rear shocks and coil under set up in the rear with accumulators that will give you a good ride like your looking for

Do NOT do this.

Addict Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ATM_LAunitic View Post
    Do NOT do this.
    Why not?

Addict Poster

Quote Originally Posted by lone star View Post
    Why not?
    Think errone scared of coil unders for the risk of teh springs popping out. My brother had a roadmastah for over 3 years with coil unders, nerr had a problem til he started trying to 3 wheel.

Addict Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MinieMe209 View Post
    Think errone scared of coil unders for the risk of teh springs popping out. My brother had a roadmastah for over 3 years with coil unders, nerr had a problem til he started trying to 3 wheel.
    And he's a faggot that owes me $850 .

LoW since 1997
    Car Club
    No affiliate

Do NOT do this.
    This guy clearly isn't trying to 3 wheel or do anything crazy running coil under will work just fine, coil under alone provides a bit smoother ride than coil over. The shocks aren't meant for ride quality but rather to hold together and not allow the coil to separate from the cylinder and fall out "make sure to run deep cup on axle". So not sure ATM's issue or concern with his style axle set up..

A$AP
    Car Club
    ------

This guy clearly isn't trying to 3 wheel or do anything crazy running coil under will work just fine, coil under alone provides a bit smoother ride than coil over. The shocks aren't meant for ride quality but rather to hold together and not allow the coil to separate from the cylinder and fall out "make sure to run deep cup on axle". So not sure ATM's issue or concern with his style axle set up..

Why not?
    With the technology we have today, it's best to just spend the coupe extra dollars on power balls and coil over cups instead of chancing it for whatever reason. That way you don't have to deal with any risks of a coil popping out. Although many say they've ran it with no problems, I've personally seen them pop out on people back in the day. Now they were 3 wheeling, but still. I'd rather be safe than sorry!

Addict Poster

With the technology we have today, it's best to just spend the coupe extra dollars on power balls and coil over cups instead of chancing it for whatever reason. That way you don't have to deal with any risks of a coil popping out. Although many say they've ran it with no problems, I've personally seen them pop out on people back in the day. Now they were 3 wheeling, but still. I'd rather be safe than sorry!
    All 3 wheeling does is tear up your car. Wether it be a popped out coil, a deformed looking cylinder from rubbing, a buckled quarter or chipped paint along panel edges. Not everyone wants or likes to 3 wheel

57 RAG
    Car Club
    $ MOST HATED $

All 3 wheeling does is tear up your car. Wether it be a popped out coil, a deformed looking cylinder from rubbing, a buckled quarter or chipped paint along panel edges. Not everyone wants or likes to 3 wheel
    I like 3 wheeling but yes it tears up cars

Addict Poster

my 2 cents is coil over you don't have to do 3 wheel to drop a coil , it can happen just by going up a drive way at the wrong angle ....
    Life is like a jar of Jalapenos
    Whats good today
    Can get you in the end tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoW since 1997
    Car Club
    No affiliate

LOL this thread wasnt about coil over or coil under or even 3 wheeling, dude simply asked why his juiced car years ago rode good and juiced cars of today ride like shit. All i suggested was coil under for the simple fact that (A.) i believe is gives a better ride (B) i be willing to bet this mans car was set up this way whenever he had juice last! (C)like stated by "Edmunds" todays lowriders run big coils among other components and set ups like "coil over" that cause a rough ride.. As far as losing a coil the people on here saying they have seen it or know someone that had it happen to or their brothers friends counzins baby mommas ex boy friends sisters brother car the coil fell out for real?? If the coil under is set up and put together correctly you should not have any problem not saying 100% it might not happen but if you set the car up correctly and dont hack it together you should be ok. Im willing to bet that most vehicles people are saying the coils have fell out of are hacked together cars with bullshit fabrication or built by someone who simply ran out of talent. Also if this man is not putting a bridge of some type in his vehicle and he runs coil over he is almost certain to crack his factory upper spring mounts or pockets whatever you wanna call them this will not happen running a coil under set up.

LoW since 1997
    Car Club
    No affiliate

Heres a car that i built it was ran for years and driven all over the place on the expressway to out of state shows you name it, not one time did i ever lose a coil or have any issue with the rear end of this G-body. I agree that in most cases and even me personally coilover is the way to go, but for some people's build and or budget coil under is a option and there is no problem running a car this way.
    coil.jpg

A$AP
    Car Club
    ------

Heres a car that i built it was ran for years and driven all over the place on the expressway to out of state shows you name it, not one time did i ever lose a coil or have any issue with the rear end of this G-body. I agree that in most cases and even me personally coilover is the way to go, but for some people's build and or budget coil under is a option and there is no problem running a car this way.
    coil.jpg
    You were around during the ruff dawg days, right? So you saw all the same fuckups that I did when I was younger. My cousin dre and that club always had those coils popping out all over the place. Nobody in the D does it that way anymore. It was only done that way bc it was all that way available. Once heim joints came into play damn near everybody with more than 1 pump converted and havent looked back. I remember seeing that grand prix around 99 or so. Still got pics of it. You still got it?

LoW since 1997
    Car Club
    No affiliate

You were around during the ruff dawg days, right? So you saw all the same fuckups that I did when I was younger. My cousin dre and that club always had those coils popping out all over the place. Nobody in the D does it that way anymore. It was only done that way bc it was all that way available. Once heim joints came into play damn near everybody with more than 1 pump converted and havent looked back. I remember seeing that grand prix around 99 or so. Still got pics of it. You still got it?
    Yes i remember the Ruff Dawgs lol way back, and i totally understand its not the current way guys are doing rear axle set ups but is still a way cars can be juiced and in my personal opinion it will stay together. Either way to each there own like i said if i were to go to the garage and build a car today i would chose coil over but this is another option. Anyway im not sure if my car is the one your thinking of i built mine in 2001 i think there was a Grand Prix looked just like mine but had shaved handles and gold wheels, either way no i sold mine to a dude in Ohio about 4-5 years ago he still has it i just talked to him a month ago he said he just lets it sit in the garage never takes it out!

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Individuals CC ATL

x2 for coil under + accums, i love it on my car. i chose this route for the good ride and the old school look. personally, i like seeing coils on the axle when the ass is up, especially when they're chrome.

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Thread Information