I need some help
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    FGMCC

Default I need some help

wire wheel in continental kit
    I need help getting this done either by someone or detailed instructions on how to do it. I've posted in other topics with no avail. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Baller Poster

What are you trying to do?

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    FGMCC

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Dizzle View Post
    What are you trying to do?
    I'm trying to get my wire wheel put in my continental kit.

Baller Poster

Sucks as Eternal Rollerz site is down. I have done several over the years but don't have pics of steps. Ill try to walk you through it as best I can:

Select a wheel that will fit in the fiber glass opening of the booty kit. Probably a 13 or 14, just measure opening of booty kit and ensure you remember the lip will sit outside the fiberglass. Make sure you get a 6" wide wheel, i.e. 13x6 or 14x6. I use a plasma cutter to cut the back of the wheel clean off almost to the nipples. Use an epoxy based paint you can brush on to paint the fresh cut exposed metal to prevent rust. Slide it in the fiberglass portion of the kit and it should easily fit in without hitting the back of the fiberglass. Now take the upper piece of the chrome bucket (part that tips forward) and you will make a metal bracket that goes across the inside top and will be secured by the chrome top hoop (hoop that goes over the fiberglass) nuts and bolts. Off of this you will make an upright that will look like an upside down U. The bottom of the U will be welded to that cross bar on the top of your bucket (piece that flips forward). In the top of the upside down U, you need to weld on the knock off adapter or weld on a piece of steel with lugs to bolt the adapter too. Be sure you position it so your knock off sits how you want when tightened. Now that bottom cross bracket you welded into the top of the chrome bucket that flips forward, will now need a "hook" or "hoop" that will need to be long enough to lock into the bottom bucket latch. (Stock parts are obviously gone due to the wheel now fitting in there.) This will be what holds the wheel and top of the booty kit locked in place when driving. Make sure its done sturdy especially if your juiced. Now I assemble the top of the bucket now containing the freshly made brackets to the bottom chrome bucket and make sure it properly and easily opens and closes with the pull chain and that nothing is binding. Once you see that everything fits as needed, slide your cut wheel into the fiberglass onto the bracket with the knockoff adapter and tighten your knockoff. If you DO NOT plan to ever use this knockoff again on actual wheels, place a little red thread lock on (once everything is done and your 100% happy with fitment) and tighten it. Prevents sticky fingers from stealing your knock off and booty kit wheel...well makes it harder... it takes me about a full day or two to do this correct and make it look great. Your friend is the proper tools, measure, measure, measure and mocking up as you go to make sure it all lines up. This is by no means a comprehensive how to and unfortunately most pics I have are just ones installed on vehicles...not showing the inner workings. Hope this gives you some guidance. As long as you know how to use a plasma cutter, welder and hand tools, take your time and teach yourself as you go. You will be happy with your outcome!

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    FGMCC

Thank you so much for the information. Appreciate it!

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    FGMCC

Started working on the Booty Kit
    Attached Images Attached Images

Baller Poster

Looking good! Keep the pics coming.

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    FGMCC

Looking good! Keep the pics coming.
    Thanks! Trying to get someone to cut the wheel is becoming a problem. Everyone is afraid to cut a brand new wheel, saying they are going to ruin it.

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    FGMCC

Cutoff wheel did the job!

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    FGMCC

What do you all think. It's coming along really well!

Baller Poster

Dang that cut off wheel looks like it worked and its a super clean cut! I think ill try that on my next! Looking great!

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    FGMCC

Dang that cut off wheel looks like it worked and its a super clean cut! I think ill try that on my next! Looking great!
    Thanks Bro! It took 2 cutoff wheels. I used the rubber seal as my guide and went at it. The chrome shop has had the base for almost a year now and when I went to pick it up I was told that it wasn't ready. I should have it by next week, then I will figure out my next step.

Baller Poster

Sounds good and like you need a new chrome shop..lol! The one we use is pretty good 3-4 weeks on average with the occasional issue, but they try to make us whole. They are a small family business so I don't mind little issues for the quality and support we get. They have even rushed stuff for us in the event we need something for a show. Keep posting progress and hit me up if you have any questions. You are doing great so far!

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    FGMCC

Sounds good and like you need a new chrome shop..lol! The one we use is pretty good 3-4 weeks on average with the occasional issue, but they try to make us whole. They are a small family business so I don't mind little issues for the quality and support we get. They have even rushed stuff for us in the event we need something for a show. Keep posting progress and hit me up if you have any questions. You are doing great so far!
    Thanks! I definitely will be asking more questions!

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    FGMCC

Booty Kit base back from the chrome shop! Next step?

Baller Poster

Word looks good. Now you wanna make the bracket that goes in the under side of the flip top portion.That will attach to the flip portion of the bucket and then attach the bracket you make as an upside down U which will hold your adapter. For this bracket that goes in the flip top, should be a single piece of steel flat strap. It will not be 100% flat as the rim dips into the bucket.

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    FGMCC

Word looks good. Now you wanna make the bracket that goes in the under side of the flip top portion.That will attach to the flip portion of the bucket and then attach the bracket you make as an upside down U which will hold your adapter. For this bracket that goes in the flip top, should be a single piece of steel flat strap. It will not be 100% flat as the rim dips into the bucket.
    Is there any way you could give me a drawing of what you're describing?

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    FGMCC

Can someone please tell me what this spring is for on my continental kit? NEVERMIND IT'S THE SPRING THAT ATTACHES TO THE CHAIN TO RELEASE THE TILT PART
    Last edited by 71monte4ya; 10-23-2018 at 07:59 AM. Reason: FIGURED IT OUT

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    FGMCC

Going to try to use the original bracket that came with the kit and add another piece to it to secure the wheel to. If I can accomplish this then I can use the original hook for the latch as well. I'll keep you all posted.

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    FGMCC

Well no dice on that original bracket. I'm going to get some three inch wide flat iron and get it welded. I'm thinking 23 inches long, 6 inches high, with 3 inch feet which I will be drilling the two holes in each foot to secure to the base lid. I will be attaching the adapter and the latch hook to the 23 inch piece.

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Thread Information