LSX SWAP 1963 IMPALA - Page 2
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
    Car Club
    Hoez Puttin'$ in MY Pocket

Quote Originally Posted by 6 T 4 RAG View Post
    WHAT FUEL PUMP AND REGULATOR DID YOU USE ANY PICKS OF THE FUEL SYSTEM?
    first u need to see if your running a return line fuel setup or returnless to the fuel rails up front,then buy the corvette filter/regulator and buy a/n fittings for the hoses to connect,the fuel pump can be a walbro 255h which is a high performance electric fuel pump designed to fit in most gm in-tank senders,racetronix makes a whole drop in kit

my local shop has the corvette filter/regulator on sale with all the a/n fittings with the vent option as a kit which is great cus awhile back we had to figure out which fittings we needed and had to make several runs back and forth to the store and ended up spending 50 dollars plus on just 3 fittings and now with this kit you get the whole assembly with fittings ready to install
    MIAMI AUTOWERKZ---CUSTOM MADE BILLET INTERIOR PARTS FOR CAPRICE/IMPALA 71-76
    I ONLY CARRY SHOW CHROMED BILLET ACCESSORIES-.-NO MORE POLISHING-.-
    WHOLESALE HID kits and LEDS..LIFETIME WARRANTY..NO FLICKER NO RELAYS GUARANTEED
    87 LUXURY SPORT---mhp candy,24''forgiato,elegance interior,big brakes,lsx stroker w/spray ...
    71 VERT---triple black all OG FOR SALE

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
    Car Club

another tip for you impala guys,ctsv front drive system has the best clearance for your oil pan/crossmember and the accessories have plenty of clearance...f-body and corvette have the ac comp. mounted low so make sure it will clear if not you can buy the bracket from dirty dingo or kwik performance,same thing goes for the alternator if using truck acc.
    87 LUXURY SPORT---mhp candy,24''forgiato,elegance interior,big brakes,lsx stroker w/spray ...

PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
    Car Club

Quote Originally Posted by 64_EC_STYLE View Post
    this is true,

has anybody used this seteup in an impala? i'm hoping this would work, saves me alot of tiem from piecing stuff together. all i'd have to do is buy the vette waterpump and balancer

http://www.superchevyperformance.com...p/19155067.htm
    great setup and it should clear just fine,you can get it cheaper at your local gm dealer just a heads up..i was going that route as its the best and cheapest way and ac/power steering pump all comes new but im going march setup since the price went down finally and my dealer cost makes it even more affordable,nothing like a march,billet specialties,zoops,vintage,wegner drive system

Addict Poster

good info on here

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

Quote Originally Posted by orientalmontecarlo View Post
    great setup and it should clear just fine,you can get it cheaper at your local gm dealer just a heads up..i was going that route as its the best and cheapest way and ac/power steering pump all comes new but im going march setup since the price went down finally and my dealer cost makes it even more affordable,nothing like a march,billet specialties,zoops,vintage,wegner drive system
    Whats ur price on the March? I might go that route if its affordable to my budget

PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
    Car Club

Whats ur price on the March? I might go that route if its affordable to my budget
    march billet then chromed runs 2800 retail, my price is just shy of 1500 but i gotta double check and make sure its for the chrome and not polished cus i dont want it to look dull and polishing that up aint no fun

CADILLAC MAFIA

WEST COAST WAY OF LIVIN, PAPER STACKS, BIG RACKS & CADILLAC'S
    MR. LACS CADILLAC PARTS & ACCESSORIES
    SPECIALIZING IN 77 THROUGH 96 RWD FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM & COUPE DE' VILLE PARTS!

(562)276-6005 Cell. >>>MR. LAC FEEDBACK<<<

CUSTOM CHROME, SHOW QUALITY, TRIPLE PLATING
    5712 CHERRY AVE
    LONG BEACH CA 90805
    (562)422-4046 Shop.

42" & 44" LINCOLN AND CADILLAC NOS MOON ROOF WEATHER SEALS

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    FTW

Good info...thinking about going this route in the near future
    1962 Impala "Snice-T2"

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

Quote Originally Posted by orientalmontecarlo View Post
    first u need to see if your running a return line fuel setup or returnless to the fuel rails up front,then buy the corvette filter/regulator and buy a/n fittings for the hoses to connect,the fuel pump can be a walbro 255h which is a high performance electric fuel pump designed to fit in most gm in-tank senders,racetronix makes a whole drop in kit

my local shop has the corvette filter/regulator on sale with all the a/n fittings with the vent option as a kit which is great cus awhile back we had to figure out which fittings we needed and had to make several runs back and forth to the store and ended up spending 50 dollars plus on just 3 fittings and now with this kit you get the whole assembly with fittings ready to install
    do uhave any pics/price of the fuel pump kit you are offering? so its basically a walbro external pump, vette regulator, and a/n fittings?

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

anyone know anyone who used this manifoldin their impala?

PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
    Car Club

i think 1 dude has used them so far for clearance on a 60s impala,performance wise your not gonna get the same performance of a true long tube header but if clearance is an issue then this is your best bet,there is another company offering block hugger type headers for ls engines aswell

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

Thanks but not really concerned with performance just the look of them

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

Last edited by 64_EC_STYLE; 09-06-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Enthusiast Poster

Very Good info. I'm in first stage of this swap in my 64 so I'm going to have questions.

Enthusiast Poster

Are any of you using the 500 steering box from CPP with your swap? I am wondering if there are clearance problems? And is anyone using a 700r4 or 200r4 transmission with the TP cable? I am not sure how where to locate the TP on the LS motor.

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

Quote Originally Posted by yuma64 View Post
    Are any of you using the 500 steering box from CPP with your swap? I am wondering if there are clearance problems? And is anyone using a 700r4 or 200r4 transmission with the TP cable? I am not sure how where to locate the TP on the LS motor.
    I plan on doing this swap really soon. I do know that you need to buy the radiator that is notched to clear the box, other than that should clear everythign else OK. oh and dont buy an 8" booster kit, it will hit the coil packs (ask me how i know lol)

PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
    Car Club

your talking about the tv cable im assuming?

PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
    Car Club

assuming your talking about the tv cable you will need the stock throttle body from the ls engine you have and if not s and p sells a nice chrome bracket that will work as for the cable youll need the lokar cable if your staying fuel injected and make sure the geometry (adjustement)of the cable is correct or youll have idle and other problems because of it....

PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
    Car Club

I plan on doing this swap really soon. I do know that you need to buy the radiator that is notched to clear the box, other than that should clear everythign else OK. oh and dont buy an 8" booster kit, it will hit the coil packs (ask me how i know lol)
    are you using stock location, +1 or -1 motor mounts

Enthusiast Poster

So go with a 7" booster from cpp will work with disc brakes? And 10-4 on the notched Rad.
    Last edited by yuma64; 09-12-2012 at 10:07 AM.

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Thread Information