LSX SWAP 1963 IMPALA - Page 3
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast Poster

Quote Originally Posted by orientalmontecarlo View Post
    assuming your talking about the tv cable you will need the stock throttle body from the ls engine you have and if not s and p sells a nice chrome bracket that will work as for the cable youll need the lokar cable if your staying fuel injected and make sure the geometry (adjustement)of the cable is correct or youll.
    have idle and other problems because of
    it....
    Thanks for that info too. I am talking about the cable from the transmission also known as the kick down cable. I am told on these transmissions the adjustment is critical for the life of the transmission. On a Carb motor no problem but on the ls motor with the throttle cable location from the front of the motor I am unsure where this cable ties in?

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

Quote Originally Posted by orientalmontecarlo View Post
    are you using stock location, +1 or -1 motor mounts
    stock location

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

Quote Originally Posted by yuma64 View Post
    So go with a 7" booster from cpp will work with disc brakes? And 10-4 on the notched Rad.
    yup 7" booster

heres the rad i plan to get when i'm ready

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-1963-CH...06%26rk%3D1%26

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

mid length headers from BRP Hotrods. decided to go with these because of the rear dump, mid length design with ball and socket collector. wasn't too crazy on the collector on the cast manifolds from hooker

Enthusiast Poster

Very Nice!!! Motor fits Good. Keep the pics coming. Will you be able to use your e-brake with those headers? Good price on that Radiator too..

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

Very Nice!!! Motor fits Good. Keep the pics coming. Will you be able to use your e-brake with those headers? Good price on that Radiator too..
    i dont forsee a clearance with the e brake at all.

i did notch my crossmember, you can see it in my build topic. but my frame was wrapped and the contours werent right which hit the pan, so thats why i had to notch it. but ive read often that several people say the f body oil pan clears, but not by much
    Last edited by 64_EC_STYLE; 09-13-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Enthusiast Poster

I am banking on the F body pan clearing my crossmember

Enthusiast Poster

Another question about this swap, the guy I'm dealing with for the ls motor says the new ecu will come so I won't have to run cats or o2 sensors. I live in a smaller city with no emissions testing so will the motor run good without the sensors?

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

You will still need 2 o2 sensors, one on each side The originals come with 4, 2 before and 2 after the cats. But since ur not running cats you still need 2

Enthusiast Poster

My guy builds Sand cars and puts the ls motors in them without the O2 sensors.
    The O2 sensors send the message to the ecu to adjust air fuel mixture, correct? Is it possible to set the new ecu up without the O2 sensors? What will happen? I mean he is doing it but fuel mileage is not a factor in the sand dunes.

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

yes they measure the air/fuel ratio and the pcm adjusts its accordingly.

i'm not willing to take that chance on my setup. it really doesn't make any difference $$$ if you run the o2 sensors or not so i decided to play it safe and run them

PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
    Car Club
    Hoez Puttin'$ in MY Pocket

for sand buggys an o2 sensor is not needed ,most of the time theyre running from 3000 rpm to full throttle anyways which is why mpg isnt a concern but performance is for them.....you can run the 2 o2 sensors and not run any cats if you dont need to pass smog but if mpg is your concern then yes you will def need them,they also run better with them on FI
    MIAMI AUTOWERKZ---CUSTOM MADE BILLET INTERIOR PARTS FOR CAPRICE/IMPALA 71-76
    I ONLY CARRY SHOW CHROMED BILLET ACCESSORIES-.-NO MORE POLISHING-.-
    WHOLESALE HID kits and LEDS..LIFETIME WARRANTY..NO FLICKER NO RELAYS GUARANTEED
    87 LUXURY SPORT---mhp candy,24''forgiato,elegance interior,big brakes,lsx stroker w/spray ...
    71 VERT---triple black all OG FOR SALE

Enthusiast Poster

Ok That makes sense. So when I get the new computer and harness Just let them know I want to run 2 o2s. Oh orientalmontecarlo the kick down cable on top of page is what I was talking about earlier. Thanks

PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
    Car Club
    Hoez Puttin'$ in MY Pocket

Ok That makes sense. So when I get the new computer and harness Just let them know I want to run 2 o2s. Oh orientalmontecarlo the kick down cable on top of page is what I was talking about earlier. Thanks
    let them know if your running ac and if applicable electric fans,if ur using the ecm to control them
    MIAMI AUTOWERKZ---CUSTOM MADE BILLET INTERIOR PARTS FOR CAPRICE/IMPALA 71-76
    I ONLY CARRY SHOW CHROMED BILLET ACCESSORIES-.-NO MORE POLISHING-.-
    WHOLESALE HID kits and LEDS..LIFETIME WARRANTY..NO FLICKER NO RELAYS GUARANTEED
    87 LUXURY SPORT---mhp candy,24''forgiato,elegance interior,big brakes,lsx stroker w/spray ...
    71 VERT---triple black all OG FOR SALE

Enthusiast Poster

Ok got it

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

for the guys with a budget in mind, what yall think about this bracket kit from holley?

http://paceperformance.com/i-9456836...acket-kit.html

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

heres a pic

Enthusiast Poster

That looks good if this will work with LT motor with car intake with car water pump.

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

That looks good if this will work with LT motor with car intake with car water pump.
    its not for an LT motor, its for LS motor with whatever setup your running

Enthusiast Poster

Even out of a truck its an ls? Educate me

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Thread Information