LSX SWAP 1963 IMPALA
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

Default LSX SWAP 1963 IMPALA

AS THESE LS CONVERSIONS ARE BECOMING MORE POPULAR, I FIGURED I'D START A TOPIC ON HERE SINCE THERE ARE A BUNCH ON OTHER FORUM WEBSITES. PLEASE POST ANY INFO YOU HAVE IN HERE ON YOUR LSX SWAP THAT YOURE DOING AS IT WILL BE HELPFUL TO OTHERS AND MYSELF ON THIS SITE AND DONT HAVE TO SPEND HOURS ON HOURS SEARCHING AND GETTING INFO WHEN WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER OUT RIGHT HERE IN THE LOWRIDER COMMUNITY

I HAVE A 1963 IMPALA SS

I AM PUTTING A 02 5.3 LM7 (IRON BLOCK ALUMINUM HEADS), WITH AN 07 4L65E

I AM USING CAMARO INTAKE 98-02, DRIVE BY CABLE. HAVEN'T GOT TO THE LINKAGE PART YET. WILL POST ONCE I GET IT COMPLETE WITH PART NUMBERS TOO.

I AM USING THE CAMARO OIL PAN KIT FROM WWW.SUPERCHEVYPERFORMANCE.COM, ALL GM PARTS. YOU CAN SEE THE PART NUMBERS IN THE PICTURE. IF YOU GET THIS PAN MAKE SURE YOU BUY THE FILTER BEACUSE IT USES AN LS3 FILTER, DIPSTICK/TUBE, AND OIL PICK UP TUBE. YOU CAN SEE ALL THE PARTS AND PART NUMBERS ON THE RECEIPT.

MORE GOODIES COMING IN

TRANNY X MEMBER FROM S&P (STREET AND PERFORMANCE (WWW.HOTRODLANE.CC)

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

I HAVE THESE MOUNTS FROM SPEEDWAY MOTORS, AND I PLAN TO BUY THEIR HEADERS FOR THIS MOUNT ALSO (HAVEN'T BOUGHT THEM YET)

THEY HAVE STOCK MOUNTS AND 1" SETBACK MOUNTS ALSO, THESE I HAVE ARE STOCK LOCATION.

SINCE THE TRANNY XMEMBER MOUNTS ON MY FRAME WERE ALREADY CUT OFF FOR THE WRAP, I CHOSE TO GO WITH THE S&P TRANNY X MEMBER SINCE EVERYONE ELSES X MEMBERS FOR IMPALAS WERE BOLT IN. I WILL CAUTION OTHERS THOUGH IF YOU STILL HAVE THE STOCK TRANNY MOUNTS ON YOUR FRAME TO USE A MOTOR/TRANNY MOUNT KIT.

THE DARKSIDE
    Car Club
    L I F E S T Y L E

LSX-327

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

Quote Originally Posted by CALIFORNIA 63 View Post
    LSX-327

nice!

Do you mind sharing your info?

harness, PCM, fuel system, accessory system etc?

THE DARKSIDE
    Car Club
    L I F E S T Y L E

Harness from Techrods.PCM & cam from TPIS Brackets from Dirty DingoHeaders from SandersTB & kick down cables from Lokar. Can't remember wut else!!!

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

Great info homie

i never heard of dirty dingo they have some good stuff!
    Last edited by 64_EC_STYLE; 07-19-2012 at 07:53 PM.

PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
    Car Club
    Hoez Puttin'$ in MY Pocket

my local speed shop has the corvette pedal brand new on sale for 119...the corvette regulator/filter is on sale too

for harnesses try speartech,psi performance,S and P theres quite a few but these would be the top three in quality
    MIAMI AUTOWERKZ---CUSTOM MADE BILLET INTERIOR PARTS FOR CAPRICE/IMPALA 71-76
    I ONLY CARRY SHOW CHROMED BILLET ACCESSORIES-.-NO MORE POLISHING-.-
    WHOLESALE HID kits and LEDS..LIFETIME WARRANTY..NO FLICKER NO RELAYS GUARANTEED
    87 LUXURY SPORT---mhp candy,24''forgiato,elegance interior,big brakes,lsx stroker w/spray ...
    71 VERT---triple black all OG FOR SALE

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

Quote Originally Posted by orientalmontecarlo View Post
    my local speed shop has the corvette pedal brand new on sale for 119...the corvette regulator/filter is on sale too

for harnesses try speartech,psi performance,S and P theres quite a few but these would be the top three in quality
    Whats your companies info? I'm getting my harness and PCM from PSI

PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
    Car Club
    Hoez Puttin'$ in MY Pocket

Quote Originally Posted by 64_EC_STYLE View Post
    Whats your companies info? I'm getting my harness and PCM from PSI
    you cant go wrong with psi,the name of the shop is redline performance...i also have 3 ls car intakes for sale if anyone is interested in swapping their truck intake for a low-profile one

speedway motors has the sender fittings now available for ls engines for use with stock/aftermarket gauges...this is great if you plan on using factory or dakota/autometer gauges
    is there any info or help in particular that you need just post it on here and ill do my best to answer/help out
    MIAMI AUTOWERKZ---CUSTOM MADE BILLET INTERIOR PARTS FOR CAPRICE/IMPALA 71-76
    I ONLY CARRY SHOW CHROMED BILLET ACCESSORIES-.-NO MORE POLISHING-.-
    WHOLESALE HID kits and LEDS..LIFETIME WARRANTY..NO FLICKER NO RELAYS GUARANTEED
    87 LUXURY SPORT---mhp candy,24''forgiato,elegance interior,big brakes,lsx stroker w/spray ...
    71 VERT---triple black all OG FOR SALE

Addict Poster

Great information.

Whats the Total Cost Involved when doing this swap?

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

Quote Originally Posted by sickthree View Post
    Great information.

Whats the Total Cost Involved when doing this swap?
    it depends on the route you take i.e. 5.3 or 6.0, polished everything or keeping the stock look

5.3's are plentiful from the silverados and suv's, as most of the 6.0's ive seen come from the larger suv's escalades yukons, etc generally usually around 1500 with tranny

mounts,tranny x member, headers kits range varies especially depending on the name brand headers you get, but i would estimate 500-800 on a kit

everyone has a different price for harnesses etc, but i'm getting mine from PSI, 500 for the harness and 200 for the programmed PCM

theres a easy fuel system solution with external pump and fuel regulator you would spend about 300 for

f body oil pan kit 300

the accessory drive system is what can make the difference in this swap. you can go expensive (and great looking!) zoop styled system for around 2g's, or theres a gm kit with everything for 800. like the homie said he got his stuff from dirty dingo which is far less and his looks awesome

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

no one else has any info to share on their conversions??

heres a good link for torque spec info

http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?category=1

Car Club
    RAGE MOTORSPORTS

To add to this mayhem of lsx swaps, figure out what intake you're going to run so you can figure out what accessories to run as far as the location of them truck accessory brackets have the alternator positioned up high and on the driver side if you were to throw on a car intake you're going to have to go with a different water pump and alternator bracket or customize the alt bracket

Car Club
    RAGE MOTORSPORTS

Ill get y'all a price on the pcms tomorrow from my supplier and see what I can get them for

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

Quote Originally Posted by Rage RMS View Post
    To add to this mayhem of lsx swaps, figure out what intake you're going to run so you can figure out what accessories to run as far as the location of them truck accessory brackets have the alternator positioned up high and on the driver side if you were to throw on a car intake you're going to have to go with a different water pump and alternator bracket or customize the alt bracket
    this is true,

has anybody used this seteup in an impala? i'm hoping this would work, saves me alot of tiem from piecing stuff together. all i'd have to do is buy the vette waterpump and balancer

http://www.superchevyperformance.com...p/19155067.htm

Car Club
    RAGE MOTORSPORTS

64 ec style make sure you run all the accessory brackets for the same models trucks f body and vettes all have different clearances I guess you can say so that the belt lines up. I've seen people try to run an fbody water pump with truck acc. And the belt tends to slip off I believe dirty dingo sells the adapters for that to space the water pump to the correct length if you still want to run the truck setups

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SKRAPEHOUSE CC

64 ec style make sure you run all the accessory brackets for the same models trucks f body and vettes all have different clearances I guess you can say so that the belt lines up. I've seen people try to run an fbody water pump with truck acc. And the belt tends to slip off I believe dirty dingo sells the adapters for that to space the water pump to the correct length if you still want to run the truck setups
    yeah i'm going to run all vette accessories, i'm just wondering if anyone has used that kit in the link i posted in an impala yet. since i dont have any accessories yet and that kit comes with all GM corvette accessories minus the vette balancer and vette water pump. would save me alot of time from piecing shyt together

THE DARKSIDE
    Car Club
    L I F E S T Y L E

I end up just changing the pulley off the truck water pump and put on the ls1 water pump (corvette/camaro) no need to buy them adapters! While at it I polished the water pump just to clean it up a bit!

Enthusiast Poster

Quote Originally Posted by CALIFORNIA 63 View Post
    Harness from Techrods.PCM & cam from TPIS Brackets from Dirty DingoHeaders from SandersTB & kick down cables from Lokar. Can't remember wut else!!!
    WHAT FUEL PUMP AND REGULATOR DID YOU USE ANY PICKS OF THE FUEL SYSTEM?

THE DARKSIDE
    Car Club
    L I F E S T Y L E

Quote Originally Posted by 6 T 4 RAG View Post
    WHAT FUEL PUMP AND REGULATOR DID YOU USE ANY PICKS OF THE FUEL SYSTEM?
    Is just a hi pressure aftermarket fuel pump u can buy on summit or jegs, the filter/pressure regulator is off corvette. I placed it out back near the gas tank as recomemded.

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Thread Information