Need advice & parts
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Need advice & parts

Just purchased a 64 SS, be my 3rd and won't be selling this one! Car has serious issues. Originally a manual trans, some goofball put a powerglide in it. Have no idea what trans/bellhousing to put behind the 1992 crate engine currently in car, an ho350. Tips? Also have to replace frame. Anyone know of one in our vicinity? When removing body should I tack weld doors in place or remove them and "x" brace door openings and x from door frame to rear wheel well. Any advice greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

I would go with a 700r4 trans with the 350. The th350 is good also and a bit cheaper. Personally i would only go with the th350 if your plan is bigger rearend gears as well. I have a couple cars with both and the 700 will end up in all of them as soon as the th350's burn out or start leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by cashmoneyspeed View Post
    I would go with a 700r4 trans with the 350. The th350 is good also and a bit cheaper. Personally i would only go with the th350 if your plan is bigger rearend gears as well. I have a couple cars with both and the 700 will end up in all of them as soon as the th350's burn out or start leaking.
    Guess i should've specified. Will be going back with 4 speed manual trans, but i do appreciate the input

I have a 1990 cadillac fleetwood coupe with the skirts I just got some wire wheels for it problem is I went to put on the adapter and the wheel hub lip is in the way wanted to see if I would be OK if I just cut it until it's flat or if there is something else I can do about it

Pic from March 2016. Drove for a month, something wasn't right.. pulled carpet found sheet metal screwed to floor, removed screws found the muffler.. all 6 body mounts in rear where rusted away.. been a nightmare..

Finally off of jackstands and rollin again after 25 months.. only sheet metal original to car right quarter, roof, right rocker, hood, trunk, dash.

Been real interesting . Never done anything like this..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Distinguished c.c.

Dam i give it to you most people would have given up. Nice to see someone save a classic. Looks good

10. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Thread Information