98 Thru 02 TownCar Spindle Swap! - Page 31
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31
    Aspiring Poster

Tried to put my wheels on and the brake caliper bolt head is preventing the wheels to be placed on. I thought i was able to do this without wheel spacers. All 91 TC parts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Baller Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Mark707 View Post
    Tried to put my wheels on and the brake caliper bolt head is preventing the wheels to be placed on. I thought i was able to do this without wheel spacers. All 91 TC parts.
    Driver's side I bet? Just skim your grinder along the corners of the caliper bolts. Doesn't take much, you'll have enough left to still put a wrench on it, don't worry. I wish I would have seem this post, I just had everything apart to put new upper ball joints on, I would have taken a pic

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    CRAZYRIDERS

Just read all 31 pages! Thanks for the help everybody! Ready to get started on the Lincoln I just picked up!
    63 Red on Red Impala Super Sport Convertible
    83 Cutlass
    62 Chrysler Newport (my grandpa's pride n joy!!) R.I.P. Papa

82Coupe

Do I gotta grind to put 13s on my 96 town car

Brougham
    Car Club
    Solo

Anyone ever use the front brake lines off a 90-94 linc on a 98 + ? Ive searched but no answer

Brougham
    Car Club
    Solo

Never mind figured it out 95-97 brake lines work better. imo

Just a dreamer

Beating a dead horse here but haven't really gotten a clear answer. On +03 Grand Marquis can you do the spindle swap or am I stuck with shaving the caliper and a spacer?

Sorry for the old bump, but I did some searching and I couldn't get a clear answer
    Some may not like my style, but the better get used to it cause im not changing it

Enthusiast Poster

Good topic :beer:

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    USO C.C. (L.A. HARBOR AREA)

Does anyone know if i can use 1995 caddy parts to the spindle swap on my 99 TC? Need info ASAP. Thanks

Aspiring Poster

Interestin on spindle swap! But disappointed that those dont show pictures or have video that show? I'll print it all info out so i can probably start project on my 98 TC eventually
    Last edited by 98blulincoln; 03-26-2016 at 06:51 PM.

Mr Chuco
    Car Club
    solo rider
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 98blulincoln View Post
    Interestin on spindle swap! But disappointed that those dont show pictures or have video that show? I'll print it all info out so i can probably start project on my 98 TC eventually
    Is better if u do a spindle swap from a 90 to a 93 Lincoln town car on ur 98 town car that will work perfect to ride on 13's with out a problem homie !!!!doin that remember that u gona have to get rotors ,calipers ect from
    The year of the car u getting the spindle swap !!! If u get it from a 90 or 91 93 when u get em parts u have to get em for wish ever year u had pick!!!

Aspiring Poster

Mr. Cucho... I have 15x8 Wire wheels... not 13. lol thanks homie! I tried 1/4 spacers... rims still touchin caliper. So, I guess I will do spindle swap on my car. I noticed that it hard to find 90-94 spindles! BUT, I found some at junkyard and not sure which I should get spindles WITH ABS or WITHOUT ABS?? Is there something else I need to know about spindle swap? I mean I know need caliper, rotors, pads, spindles, ball joints. What about brake line? Once Spindle swap done, will there be any notices different once it all complete? Been thinkin about gettin me 18" reverse wire wheels if I finally sell/trade/and or return my 15x8. Still not plan to hop my car lol. just ridin Slow & Low.
    Last edited by 98blulincoln; 03-28-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Mr Chuco
    Car Club
    solo rider
    Blog Entries

Mr. Cucho... I have 15x8 Wire wheels... not 13. lol thanks homie! I tried 1/4 spacers... rims still touchin caliper. So, I guess I will do spindle swap on my car. I noticed that it hard to find 90-94 spindles! BUT, I found some at junkyard and not sure which I should get spindles WITH ABS or WITHOUT ABS?? Is there something else I need to know about spindle swap? I mean I know need caliper, rotors, pads, spindles, ball joints. What about brake line? Once Spindle swap done, will there be any notices different once it all complete? Been thinkin about gettin me 18" reverse wire wheels if I finally sell/trade/and or return my 15x8. Still not plan to hop my car lol. just ridin Slow & Low.
    Sorry homie I didn't check they where 15x8 haha !!! sence they 15x8 I see the point if I where u to avoid all that extras I wud just get some 14x7 or 15x7 !!! If u post pics of how the fit on ur car it might help to have more answers!!! Spacers are no good !!!

Aspiring Poster

caliper.jpgteeths.jpgrear wirewheel fit.jpg
    Ok here ya go... I know it rust lol. the one pic with rim on is fit on the rear.

Mr Chuco
    Car Club
    solo rider
    Blog Entries

caliper.jpgteeths.jpgrear wirewheel fit.jpg
    Ok here ya go... I know it rust lol. the one pic with rim on is fit on the rear.
    The reason they do fit on the rear is beacuse the calipers are smaller then the front ones !!!! Once again I will just get a set of 15x7 n just a little grinding on the front calipers n u be good to roll !!! Or if some else has a better idea or more info put ur cents on this topic for the homie 98blulincoln!!!

Aspiring Poster

Hey Yall, I'm still planning on swap spindles on my 98 with 93... I re read all it to make sure. Just realized about Sway bar... it won't fit huh? it said can ditch it which I don't want to ditch and rather keep it to keep my ride smooth. Plus I'm not plan on add hopper to my car YET. It my daily drive plus I don't use my wire wheels ALL year round. Only start few weeks after spring TO end of fall. Can that sway bar custom weld to make it fit for 93 spindles? Plus I also see that everyone said swapping spindle will fit 13s and 14s so I ASSUMED it will fit 15x8 just fine. But back offset? Honest, I just afraid not want to wasted all my time, energy, and money if ALL does not success. I think might be easier if I just sell my 15x8 wire wheels and buy me 18x8 standard or possible Reverse wire wheels and SHOULD fit on fine?? without any of pain-in-ass modification and goes wasted. I felt like I'm losing interest. Thanks yall homies for help.

Addict Poster

Hey Yall, I'm still planning on swap spindles on my 98 with 93... I re read all it to make sure. Just realized about Sway bar... it won't fit huh? it said can ditch it which I don't want to ditch and rather keep it to keep my ride smooth. Plus I'm not plan on add hopper to my car YET. It my daily drive plus I don't use my wire wheels ALL year round. Only start few weeks after spring TO end of fall. Can that sway bar custom weld to make it fit for 93 spindles? Plus I also see that everyone said swapping spindle will fit 13s and 14s so I ASSUMED it will fit 15x8 just fine. But back offset? Honest, I just afraid not want to wasted all my time, energy, and money if ALL does not success. I think might be easier if I just sell my 15x8 wire wheels and buy me 18x8 standard or possible Reverse wire wheels and SHOULD fit on fine?? without any of pain-in-ass modification and goes wasted. I felt like I'm losing interest. Thanks yall homies for help.
    Run 16x7 reverse with white walls then

Anyone have the pics from the 1st 3 pages of this thread
    Just bought an 01 tc and I want make sure I get it all right

Baller Poster

Quote Originally Posted by 77montecarlow View Post
    Anyone have the pics from the 1st 3 pages of this thread
    Just bought an 01 tc and I want make sure I get it all right
    What he said^

Bump for pics on how to do this

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Thread Information