TPMS as air ride pressure monitoring
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Default TPMS as air ride pressure monitoring

Anyone ever thought of using a TPMS system on a air bag setup? The external units attach to a valve stem.

A few potential issues come to mind.
    -Finding one that can handle the pressure.
    -The units going into power saving mode or whatever because there is no rotation of a tire to activate that... assuming that is how they work. My hope is a change in air pressure would "wake them."
    -The refresh rate of the sending units back to the display or bluetooth.

I like the idea of electronic gauges for air, as I don't want to have to run the line into the cab. I have a VU4 so some of less expensive sending units, which are huge, won't fit without additional fittings.

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

i had the same thought but the PSI i suspect would be limited, I am currently looking for a system to monitor my Accuair 4 corners and tank to ensure I stay ahead incase of a leak or over pressure.

https://www.bagriders.com/bag-riders...e-display.html
    Just installed this on my VU4 a couple weeks ago and they work great! I was also looking for digital gauges to replace the multiple air lines running through the car to the front taking up space. Once the sensors are plugged up to the ECU about a foot from the manifold, a single phone jack line
    runs all the way to the front where the flat digital display is. It constantly runs realtime data of the bag pressure even as they load under pressure over bumps in the road, etc. The sensors arent too big/long and are a hell of a lot smaller than the old Dakota pressure senders.
    *Side note: you will need 4 pipe fittings to fit the sensors to the VU4 (I think 1/8" female x 1/4" male if I remember correctly).

Baller Poster

That' dope
    Slow and low is a way of life.

6. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Thread Information