Handling
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Handling

Default Handling

I have Slam series 6 bags front and back..when try to drive around with the front end lowered ... the car handles very poorly.. it is sloppy and kind of driftes side to side... I have to raise the bags up so the fender is way above the tires...even though the car was lowered prior to installing the bags..I try to get about the same height it was.. but handles like crap.
    I also had 2 inch drop spindles put on when I bagged the car...the shop who installed my bags removed my front shocks saying I didn’t really need them...being new to air ride.. I said ok whatever...could that be the issue?
    I also have not gotten the front end aligned since I was going to have that accuair e level installed and was trying to find a good ride height...was going for a nice lowered stance say for cruising..could just be way out of alignment?
    It almost feels like there is not enough air in the bags????

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Enthusiast Poster
    Car Club
    Bandits

are you sure youre not riding on the bump stops?.

Enthusiast Poster

Do you have independent valves for each bag or are the wheels tied in together to the same set of valves?? Also the car rides much better with shocks installed. I've had the same issue my front end was tied in to 1 set of valves and rear end to the other set, so when I turn the weight shifts and pushes the air out of the bag from one side to the other. Since I installed valve for each wheel and added shocks, now I have no issues with cornering. Rides very smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by ekserio View Post
    are you sure youre not riding on the bump stops?.
    Ya not on the bump stops... tires would be rubbing on fender well

Yes I have a 4 way system...I can control each bag,..

7. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Thread Information