4 link air ride causing driveshaft yoke to come out of transmission
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Default 4 link air ride causing driveshaft yoke to come out of transmission

I have air bags on my 51 F1. It had bags on rear with leaf springs and was sick of the noise it made so installed a 4 link. Now problems is I have more travel then before and am pulling the driveshaft down 6" and its pulling the yoke out of the end of the transmission. Before I was only getting about 4" of lift being limited by the leaf springs. I like the added height in raising but don't know what to do about the drive shafts. I was thinking about adding straps so it can only raise so high and also so it does not bounce when aired up and rip the bags apart. When truck is sitting almost on frame all the way down the yoke has about 1/2" from being in all the way.

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

If you can't get away with a longer driveshaft (already fully in on drop) there is no other easy solution than limit the lift. Straps or shorter shocks should do the job.

4. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Thread Information