air ride line routing on a '59 Impala
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Default air ride line routing on a '59 Impala

query on best practices
    Good morning. I have a 59 Impala in which I am installing air ride (https://www.ridetech.com/products/su.../product-3237/) and would like to know peoples thoughts and ideas on the best way to run the air lines from the front of the car to the rear. Inside the frame tubes? Externally on the inner or outer sides of the frame?Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

The Peoples Choice
    Car Club
    Majestics

yes

Default yes, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    yes
    Marty: your answer doesn't really help. do you have any specific examples of what does and doesn't work? personal experience doing this topic?Thanks for the reply tho.

INFO STALKER

Nylon brake line wont be good next to the frame.. Thats the same route the exhaust goes. Im trying to find a way through the frame or through the rocker panel. Try to keep it protected more. I have a 64 2dr hardtop. The rocker is closed at the front by the bottom of the fender but is open all the way back to the sail panel. But it waaaay to cold outside to go try now. It will have to wait till spring.

BigPokie - I like the idea. I am thinking inside the frame tubes but need to get it all assembled before I can decide where the entry/exit points will be. I am thinking of running the nylon tube inside another tube to prevent rubbing on the main lines. Just waiting on some parts to get the chassis reassembled. Keep me updated and I will let you know how it goes.

INFO STALKER

Ok. I just tried routing thought the rocker panel. When I drilled through the beginning of the rocker panel there is a brace or reinforcement about 1/2 inside. Oh well now go through the frame I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by burrism View Post
    BigPokie - I like the idea. I am thinking inside the frame tubes but need to get it all assembled before I can decide where the entry/exit points will be. I am thinking of running the nylon tube inside another tube to prevent rubbing on the main lines. Just waiting on some parts to get the chassis reassembled. Keep me updated and I will let you know how it goes.
    I have been working on my project this week and was able to route the lines inside the frame on the front half only. It seems there is s blockage inside the rear section where the rear section is welded to the main section. Also the box tubing tapers as it approaches the X so I had to run the air lines inside the drive shaft tunnel. I used the e-brake guides to run the tubing on the back half due to the blockage in the rear section. I will try to attach some images.

INFO STALKER

I popped on here to let you know what I did, but you did about the same. I dont know how different the frame are between the 59s and the 64s. I drilled holes in the back of the pocket,like you, then added plastic grommets. I did a 3/8 dot airline and an 4ga primary wire inside the driver side. Then a 3/8 and 1/2 dot air lines inside the passenger side. It wasnt the easiest, had to do some fishing and cussing. Zip tied through some of the holes on the frame and the rear of the tunnel. Then tied up out of the way and ran all 6 ( rear bags) up through the spare tire tray, inside the frame kick up, right behind the rear set back braces. But your a lucky ass! You didnt have the body to lay under. Lol.

10. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Thread Information