need some advise for front air ride
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
  • Login:
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Default need some advise for front air ride

1957 chevy truck
    Hey, all I have a 1957 chevy truck I am building for the past 5 yrs now. early on I bought a weld in air ride ifs kit from reputable company (whom i wish not to name at the moment) he recommended slam bag ss6 for it, he stated that they done quite a few with no problems but my gut tells me other.......so i installed it. Now I've been reading that most people recommend at least ss7 bags.... I am running a bbc454 in it the truck is not finished yet, nor on the road yet and if need, will cut in some room for ss7 bags. The truck weight is 4500lbs, the bags are 6 1/4" in height at ride height and 74 psi per bag . what do you all think? looking for a suggestions or do you think the slam ss6 bag will do. Thanks in advance
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Car Club
    No Club

I have a BB OBS Chevy dually with SS8 bags in the front. If you're gonna trim to run the SS7 bags, and have the clearance, I'd step up to the SS8. They have more stroke and will lift easier than bags that are smaller.

One the rear I'm running semi bags since its a dually and I like to pull. My rear bags take quite a bit more air, but require less pressure.

A larger bag will do the job easier, if you can feed it
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

4. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in