LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

My 78 Cutlass Project

30K views 411 replies 58 participants last post by  78paco 
#1 ·
This is my 78 cutty that i got 4 $500 bucks.... Needs allot of work but theres no hurry. It needs engine,transimission,interior,and exterior work. It has rust,leaks, missing interior panels..etc. 1st i'll post the be4 pics then later i'll post some recent pics. Its gonna be a slow progress project because i only have one day of work..

The car is in tijuana but this are pics of when i first brought it in chula vista.

iN tijuana...

some Rust..

Interior Snaps

This is a pix.. of it semi stripped..

See less See more
#29 ·
Originally posted by lil angel+Apr 22 2008, 06:36 AM~10473922-->
ttt homie...wish u the best on your ride.....what color you going 2 paint it
[/b]
thanks... im thinking either redish orange.. or dark purple..violet.. not sure but its gonna be a full show.. hopefully.. what about ur ride what color?

<!--QuoteBegin-regal ryda
@Apr 22 2008, 07:53 AM~10474425
looking good
thanks homie

#30 ·
Originally posted by pako@Mar 3 2008, 07:35 PM~10081235
i started on my trunk but didn't get a chance to finish...removed the moldings and chrome trims...

and does anybody know how to remove the chrome trim around the side windows?

PARA QUITAR LA VISTA DE LA VENTANA CHICA ES POR ADENTRO TIENES QUE QUITAR EL PANEL Y DESPUES LIMPIAR TODO LA PARTE DE ABAJO DE LA VENTANA AI VAS A ENCONTRAR UNAS TUERCAS ESAS LAS QUITAS I DEBE DE SALIR :thumbsup:

#39 ·
allot of stuff has happened since i last posted here.. i put on a new front clip, aquired almost all the interior panels, got all the vinyl top trim, and had this 78 for sale but not anymore.. rite now im working on the interior of the car. and tomorrow im dropping in a steering column from the junkyard and hopefully put a cs player, amp, and speakers in tomorrow and also the grant steering wheel.. its cold as fuck and its raining but fuck it..

#45 ·
quick update.. i installed the cd player.. amp and subwoofers.. but it took me a shitload of time so i didn't have time to drop in the new steering column nor the steering wheel.. but hopefully i'll install em on sunday.. hopefully on saturday i'll post new pix..

Originally posted by BORN2RHYDE818+Feb 8 2009, 01:15 PM~12942249-->
cool build homie! im a tijuanero myself, my fam stays in the Colonia Herrera :biggrin:
[/b]
o yea.. no shit.. cool

Originally posted by low_g@Feb 8 2009, 02:21 PM~12942672
ttt...keep up the good work homie.
thanks man

Originally posted by down79@Feb 8 2009, 05:49 PM~12944446
looks good I have alot to go on my 79 hopeing to roll this summer. :cool:
nice

<!--QuoteBegin-Mr.GreenEyes 1
@Feb 8 2009, 08:00 PM~12946199
I love tijuas. wish it was like the old days. like magic o's & the caves days. 90,91,92,93,94,95 those were good tj times. love your build carnale! :thumbsup:
thanks.. yea the old dayz were better..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.