LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP I NEED ALTINATOR WIRING SCMATICS* OR HOWEVER U SPELL THAT SHIT FOR 03 LINCOLN TOWNCAR 4.6 SOHC ....ALT IS NOT CHARGING AND BATTERY LIGHT COMES ON.... NEW PLUG, REBUILT ALT, GOOD BATTERY, AND ALL GROUNDS FUSES GOOD ....IF I GROUND OUT THE WHITE WITH BLACK STRIPE WIRE ITS STARTS CHARGING BUT IT STAYS ON IT DOSENT CYCLE LIKE ITS SUPPOSE TO THANKS IN ADVANCE... SUMTHING IS NOT TELLIN THE COMPUTER TO SEND SIGNAL TO THE ALT

·
Registered
8,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im sure it is.....there is three wires on the plug .....one is constant + one for data to the computer ...and the other might be the signal to turn it on and off

·
Registered
8,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ttt......can anyone help with this

·
Registered
8,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
8,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes i do the data and the warning light wire had a short in them both....i googled it and found a guy with the same problem ...called marco to tell him where to look and he had allready found and fix the problem ......so thank u come again.....better see you sunday muuuuffffucccaaahhh

·
Registered
8,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
and yes all the new stuff with the old block and trans...you can use the new engine and trans just gotta swap mounts and build a trans crossmember ....if u use the old block all censors from the new block have to be swapped to the old block cuz the plugs are diffrent.... 03 is almost the same as 02 on down

·
El Joven Viejo
1,745 Posts
and yes all the new stuff with the old block and trans...you can use the new engine and trans just gotta swap mounts and build a trans crossmember ....if u use the old block all censors from the new block have to be swapped to the old block cuz the plugs are diffrent.... 03 is almost the same as 02 on down
damn theres alotta shit involved in doing to swap but i bet its worth the extra work :cool:

·
Registered
8,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
damn theres alotta shit involved in doing to swap but i bet its worth the extra work :cool:
yea for those who know lowriders....anyone els its just another lincoln....untill u explain it to them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.