LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok its time for a new toy, Im thinking about getting the 06 XXX, how the hell do i get it, also just to give me an idea of how loud 1 12 will be in a 2.5cu tuned to 35hz on a Visonik V4000XD will be? guesstamate how many dbs. Is this sub worth the money? it pretty much reminds me of a w7, im a big fan of the w7 and i know many people hate it but :dunno: how much louder is this? also will this take 2 15" rf p3s on a 1000 watts each? Im gettin a Infiniti G35 and need somthin, for now ill slap in the w7 then after i get my new toy i will hand over the w7 to my lil brother wos a new driver, got his L's last month.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Originally posted by doughboi916@Sep 6 2006, 07:06 PM~6119282
Ok its time for a new toy, Im thinking about getting the 06 XXX, how the hell do i get it, also just to give me an idea of how loud 1 12 will be in a 2.5cu tuned to 35hz on a Visonik V4000XD will be? guesstamate how many dbs. Is this sub worth the money? it pretty much reminds me of a w7, im a big fan of the w7 and i know many people hate it but :dunno: how much louder is this? also will this take 2 15" rf p3s on a 1000 watts each? Im gettin a Infiniti G35 and need somthin, for now ill slap in the w7 then after i get my new toy i will hand over the w7 to my lil brother wos a new driver, got his L's last month.
Why get a XXX sub and insult it with a visonik amp?? :uh:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well no need to be an butt about it,that's y I'm asking, I was offerd a brand new 06 xxx for 500 and I'm willin to drop that, and the 4000 is the only amp I have for now, this guy said he would like the sub gone by SAT, so any helpful input will be nice. also if I do go with setup how do you guys think a us amps 400 will push it? like I said I'm willing to drop the cash cause if I'm gonna do it now I want to do it rite the first time. I also will be getting in the car show scene and I will be entering db drags.

thanks for the input so far ;)

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by doughboi916@Sep 6 2006, 09:59 PM~6119707
well no need to be an butt about it,that's y I'm asking, I was offerd a brand new 06 xxx for 500 and I'm willin to drop that, and the 4000 is the only amp I have for now, this guy said he would like the sub gone by SAT, so any helpful input will be nice. also if I do go with setup how do you guys think a us amps 400 will push it? like I said I'm willing to drop the cash cause if I'm gonna do it now I want to do it rite the first time. I also will be getting in the car show scene and I will be entering db drags.

thanks for the input so far ;)
for 500, i would pick it up. They are a little large, but not THAT large. mounting depth is only 12.75 inches. and they don't require any larger of a box then the previous xxx's.

XXX Series

12"....................Compact.................... ..Optimal
Sealed...................0.85..................... .......1.1
[email protected] @34hz

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by Kool-aid@Sep 6 2006, 09:34 PM~6119480
ive heard fi was started by people that left re..any truth?
Fi is scotts new company...

·
Registered
873 Posts
has anyone heard any of the FI stuff yet? the prices dont seem to bad, ssd18 is only 239, i was looking at the ssd15 but they have n/a under the sealed enclosure. iknow my limits and i dont think i can build a ported box, and shipping on boxes is crazy.

·
Registered
873 Posts
im eyein up that FI SSD15. can i get some opinions on it? 209 shipped sounds like a great price if it performs close to RE.

maybe this is stupid, but the dual 2 are 1.5ohms per coil wont that make the total load like .75? is that bad for a 1ohm stable amp? i can only imagine itd make it overheat quicker/send it into protection.

·
Registered
873 Posts
buy one sporty and let me know. im really thinking about it. its a new company, i know noone around here heard of it. you know the prices will skyrocket if they take off. how are they doing in the competitions?

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
the guy i talked to ran 2 BTL18" and i think he was in the mid to gihgh 150's.... it was some sort of bandpass... iirc, but i just remember saying to myself "thats pretty serious, maybe i should check it out"

as far as power, volume of box, tuning, testtone he hit the mid 50's in... i dont have a clue

PS. i should buy a SSD, and a RL-p and just compare them... close to the same box rec.... we'll see how i feel in a couple days :) the mmats P2.5 15" was pretty nice, if i had built a str8 spl enclosure for it, i think it might have made out pretty nice...

i might have to go in search for an orion1200D, or a 2nd 600D and strap 'em 2gether, so i have a little head room here, i would hate to have a sub and cant drive it as hard as it can take it...

·
Registered
873 Posts
im really thinking of getting that ssd15, i can just about swing it if i hustle a little bit. i just got another new head unit, and a set of 6.5's (if all goes alright). i still have the set of oldschool solobarics to get rid of. brand new jvc cdmp3 head unit to get rid of. i just got to many deals going on at once right this second. and if i got the 15 i wonder what it would sound like sealed, and have to find a box or get someone to build me one. plus all the other shit non stereo related i got going on.

i just dont wanna buy it, then have it sitting around collecting dust.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts