LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after seeing some of the other topics it made me curious on WHO on here actually builds REAL 1:1 rides not who drives a pimp ride but who on here not only fabs models but builds real cars in there own home/shop i know theres alot of people who have nice rides but did you do all the work or pay to have it done????

i myself am a 1:1 builder and have built more real rides then models and thats the main reason i got into models is my passion to build the real deal i do everything but mounting my tires on the rim everything else is done in my driveway yes driveway i dont even have a indoor area :biggrin: ......... so im wanting to know who all on here is turning wrenches on their real project by day and hacking plastic by night :cool:

heres a few pics of some of my rides :cool:
http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r318/IN...nt=935b41ac.pbw

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
not a lowrider, but here is my project tuner

2003 Dodge Stratus, I'm trying to make an SRT4 version of the Stratus since Dodge never made one

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Up until 5 yrs ago i was a body man , front end tech, cut in , and painter ! I did that for 13yrs until my son was born ! Then the cost of child care started to increase around here so i became a stay at home dad !

Now i just do it here at the house or from time to time help out a few freinds that have their shops get a thing or 2 down !

i haven't done a car in about 3 yrs but i have been alot of bikes !

I'll try and find pic's of the last car i did !

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Originally posted by Minidreams Inc.@Jan 5 2009, 12:54 PM~12610606
Up  until 5 yrs  ago  i  was  a  body  man ,  front  end  tech,  cut in  ,  and  painter  !  I  did  that  for  13yrs  until  my  son  was  born !  Then  the  cost  of  child  care  started  to  increase  around  here  so i  became  a  stay  at  home  dad !

Now  i  just  do  it  here    at the  house  or  from  time  to  time  help  out  a few  freinds  that  have their  shops get  a  thing  or  2  down !

i haven't  done  a  car  in  about  3 yrs  but  i  have been  alot  of  bikes  ! 

I'll  try  and  find  pic's  of the  last  car  i  did !
2005 cavalier . it was the base model plain jane until i started on it !

i added the body kit , reworked the front bumper by adding part of the stock bumper to it to help give it a differnt look !

the car was blue when i started but when it was over here's what i finished with !

Now adays to amnt broke busters out this way when they ask if i still paint and i til them it cost around $3000.00 for a good clean paint job they start cussing ! The really belive they get their money's worth down the start at maaco for $289.00 ! So i alway reply this ! " It's right off 71 on the left !" Come see me when the paint starts fading and washes off but then it will be $4500.00 for the extra work in getting that ready for real paint! :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,833 Posts

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
my personl project !

97 GRAND PRIX GT !

I BOUGHT IT WRECKED FOR AN OLD LADY WHO BOUGHT IT BRAND NEW ! SHE HIT A DEER AND THEY WERE GOING TO TOTAL IT BUT I BOUGHT TO REBUILD !

FRIST DAY PICS!

PICS FROM TODAY !

AFTER THE TWIN'S ARE BORN IT'S GETTING A SET OF WHEEL AND REPAINTED BUT I GOT TO GET THE HOUSE READY FOR THE BABIES FIRST !

·
Registered
321 Posts
My 92 Brougham and 91 deville

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Originally posted by Minidreams Inc.@Jan 5 2009, 11:33 AM~12610955
my  personl  project !

97  GRAND PRIX GT !

I  BOUGHT  IT  WRECKED  FOR  AN  OLD  LADY  WHO  BOUGHT  IT  BRAND  NEW  !  SHE  HIT  A  DEER  AND  THEY  WERE  GOING  TO  TOTAL  IT  BUT  I  BOUGHT  TO  REBUILD !

FRIST  DAY  PICS!

PICS  FROM  TODAY !

AFTER  THE  TWIN'S  ARE  BORN  IT'S  GETTING  A  SET  OF  WHEEL  AND  REPAINTED  BUT  I  GOT  TO  GET THE  HOUSE  READY  FOR  THE  BABIES  FIRST  !
Are you seriously having twins?

·
Registered
12,529 Posts
truck i had in high school..

my old f150

my Monte SS i am going to eventually restore. my dad was the original owner

my daily/kinda project

my last hopper i had..i had to sell to pay my kids medical bills

im currently working on a 87 Monte ls and a 95 caddie fleetwood.. i need to start taking pictures soon

·
Registered
12,529 Posts
Originally posted by Minidreams Inc.@Jan 5 2009, 01:33 PM~12610955
my  personl  project !

97  GRAND PRIX GT !

I  BOUGHT  IT  WRECKED  FOR  AN  OLD  LADY  WHO  BOUGHT  IT  BRAND  NEW  !  SHE  HIT  A  DEER  AND  THEY  WERE  GOING  TO  TOTAL  IT  BUT  I  BOUGHT  TO  REBUILD !

FRIST  DAY  PICS!

PICS  FROM  TODAY !

AFTER  THE  TWIN'S  ARE  BORN  IT'S  GETTING  A  SET  OF  WHEEL  AND  REPAINTED  BUT  I  GOT  TO  GET THE  HOUSE  READY  FOR  THE  BABIES  FIRST  !

thought u were gonna get a astro van? or caprice?

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Originally posted by Joker808@Jan 5 2009, 01:22 PM~12611959

im currently working on a 87 Monte ls and a 95 caddie fleetwood.. i need to start taking pictures soon
street riders built?

·
Registered
12,529 Posts
Originally posted by youcantfademe@Jan 5 2009, 03:29 PM~12612027
street riders built?
they built orginal setup..but i redid everything..and added my own frame.. it flexed to much for being a 3/4 wrap..i took over the project from a homie.. but i wasnt happy with street riders frame work

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Originally posted by Joker808@Jan 5 2009, 03:22 PM~12611959
truck i had in high school..

my old f150

my Monte SS i am going to eventually restore. my dad was the original owner

my daily/kinda project

wheres the Tempo and TOYOTA pics brother ?

man i wish i had a camera back when i had my Caddy , Regal , the Shadow ,and the Nissan mini i had back in late 80's and early 90's !

Man we had a blast on them road trips bro !

Where the vedio of the Merc going crazy in the garage ?

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Originally posted by Joker808@Jan 5 2009, 03:23 PM~12611972
thought u were gonna get a astro van? or caprice?
i want to but DOC said i can't get a caprice till he gets 1 ! :biggrin:

·
Registered
12,529 Posts
Originally posted by Minidreams Inc.@Jan 5 2009, 03:58 PM~12612263
wheres  the  Tempo and  TOYOTA  pics  brother  ?
man  i  wish  i  had  a  camera  back  when  i  had  my  Caddy ,  Regal ,  the  Shadow  ,and  the  Nissan  mini  i  had  back  in  late  80's  and  early 90's !

Man  we  had  a  blast  on them  road  trips  bro  ! 

Where  the  vedio  of  the Merc  going  crazy  in the  garage ?
i dont got any tempo pics..gotta dig out the camry pics

1 - 20 of 89 Posts