LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys know where i can get 4 1/2" or any that would work for 1/2" valve, air mufflers? i remember dan saying he knew where to get some, where was that again? if any of you know where to get some mufflers, let me know.

also, do you guys think 1/2" valves, with mufflers or not, will drop down pretty fast? i was thinking of going with some 3/8" reducers for the valves, but dont want it being too slow either.. what do you guys recomend, will some mufflers be enough?

and also, i've been reading some forums and get the impression dan either sold his car or got it stolen. what happened to dan's 64???

·
Registered
856 Posts
i think you can get the mufflers at a truck stop, or a freight truck repair shop also try the internet. they are called sindered brass air mufflers or something.as for big dan im not sure, i hope his ride didnt get jacked.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Oct 31 2003, 05:16 PM
he sold it to 216rider
:biggrin:

lol, Moco, seems you've missed some stuff here..

bigdanmcintosh and 216 rider are one and the same..

I just got bored the other day, and started an argument with myself to liven things up a bit ;)

I actually have 4 1/2" mufflers sitting on my desk I'll give you if you cover shipping... want me to post a pic? my car dropped too fast with them..

if you want to see my car in action..

http://www.popgunsite.com/video.html

remember, Im running 1/2" valves, with the front reduced to 1/8"NPT mufflers, and the back reduced to 1/4" NPT mufflers..

should give you an idea on the drop speeds..

·
Registered
5,016 Posts

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Oct 31 2003, 03:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Oct 31 2003, 03:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52@Oct 31 2003, 05:16 PM
he sold it to  216rider

I just got bored the other day, and started an argument with myself to liven things up a bit ;)

I actually have 4 1/2" mufflers sitting on my desk I'll give you if you cover shipping... want me to post a pic? my car dropped too fast with them..

remember, Im running 1/2" valves, with the front reduced to 1/8"NPT mufflers, and the back reduced to 1/4" NPT mufflers..

should give you an idea on the drop speeds..[/b][/quote]
that 64 is gone, its was probably a victim of a socal chop shop

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
i heard a rumor that 216 rider moved to minnesota and is a member of street sweepaz cc :angry: he is now rollin a multicollored ford tempo with bags

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz@Oct 31 2003, 07:06 PM
I heard he was pimpin as festiva with cut springs, house paint and a plywood wing????
those minn riders did the spatter paint on it

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey thanks dan, that video was very helpful...if anything, i think reducing my 1/2" system to 3/8 should be about right.

also, do you have mufflers on your 1/8" and 1/4" reducers? either its very quiet with those mufflers (if any) or you cant really tell from the video. your car is looking good though bro.

im still interested though in seeing how my setup will be with some 1/2" mufflers. i dont want it to go down too slow, but i also dont want it coming down too fast.

how much would it be to ship those 4 1/2" mufflers to:

260 woodbridge avenue
yuba city, ca 95991

??

also, in what form do you want the payment?

·
Registered
558 Posts
i have em to considering my valves are in my suv, like in teh back but actually in the ride so imagine how loud they are, mufflers are awsome, they dont restrict any air, if they do i cant notice it and damn i can hear again :biggrin:

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Oct 31 2003, 06:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Oct 31 2003, 06:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52@Oct 31 2003, 05:16 PM
he sold it to  216rider

should give you an idea on the drop speeds..[/b][/quote]
Dan,

I need two please! :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 2 2003, 06:20 PM
you need 2 1/2" mufflers Seth?
I was thinking of trying two of them on the front to quite it down a bit!Thos 1/2" Herion's are pretty loud!Especially since they are located in the engine bay.The rears are located in the trunk and are quite enough for me. :cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
the best thing to do and it runs about 3 buck is get you some 1/2 block fittings. then drill a 1/8 hole in the center of it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts