LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on putting my Compressor/Tank/Lift + Dump Valves all in my hatch... so, being inside the car...

are 1/2" Dump Valves extremely loud (meaning i should get a muffler for them)? or will I be able to handle it no problem?

I was just told that the dump valves sound like a "pop" Gun shot when used... i thought the dump valves sounded like a HISSSSSSS, it's a loud pop an no hiss then?

Thanks again all!

·
Registered
152 Posts
ALL I KNOW IS MINE MAKE'S A LOUD "WHIPP" AND A "PISSSSS" AT SAME TIME. IT IS IN THE BED OF MY TRUCK AND IS COVERED AND STILL LOUD AS HELL, I KNOW U CAN BUY SILENCERS IF YOU WANT A QUIET DROP. FBI HAS THEM 4 AROUND 20-30 DOLLARS I THINK. I KNOW THEY ARE CHEAP AND I WOULD USE THEM IN A CAR. NO DOUBT!!! UNLESS U WANT TO MAKE YOU PASSENGERS DEAF.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what if I attach a hose to the Dump Valves and route the to blow outside of the car... will the sound go to the outside of the car? Or is the popping sound comming from the Dump Valve assembly?

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
i had all of mine rounted outside of the car, with mufflers, nice and silent

·
Registered
640 Posts
My rear dumps inside my trunk and they aren't too bad, can't really hear them with the radio on.

The front is under the hood and I have 1/2 to 1/4 reducers to slow the drop speed down. Its not real loud but sometimes people freak out because the car drops and a pssssst.

They think my tires just spontaneously popped.

·
Registered
95 Posts
1/2" dumps are loud i would run them outside i got the mufflers from fbi there cool i like the sound from the dump so i dont use them for sound i use them to control the speed on my front end.

·
Registered
72 Posts
that would be really loud to have your dump valves in your hatch.
route some airline on the dump valve outside the car. Trust. it's really loud

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gotcha... thanks all for the info...

I'll route the hoses outside the car and put mufflers on them to soften the pfffffffff and slow down the drop.

Any suggustions on adjustable brands to go with?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by integraoligist@Sep 23 2005, 01:37 PM~3872196
So what if I attach a hose to the Dump Valves and route the to blow outside of the car...    will the sound go to the outside of the car?  Or is the popping sound comming from the Dump Valve assembly?
Yes. That is what I have done. I ran them down and out of my trunk.

·
tippin' on 3
5,078 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Sep 23 2005, 02:48 PM~3873292
i had all of mine rounted outside of the car, with mufflers, nice and silent
eactly mee too... quiet as a mouse!

·
tippin' on 3
5,078 Posts
then get a train horn... you’ll scare the fuck out of anyone in the visual vicinity! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by Impalacracker@Sep 24 2005, 12:55 AM~3876234
then get a train horn... you’ll scare the fuck out of anyone in the visual vicinity!  :biggrin:
Ya no shit, hook up some air-horns to each exhaust port...then hop the fucker

pssst....HONK....psst....HONK......pssst...HONK

JoHn

·
Registered
480 Posts
i just mounted my valves under the car so i can have my sistem inside the trunk and they are loud

1 - 15 of 15 Posts