LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my 52 chevy i don't use reducers i drop each corner individually startind in the back but when i drop the front i do crack the concrete with the frame that was the force i use 1/8 reducers sometimes but still it donna dump fast diff set ups depending on distanse from bag

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Originally posted by joebomber52@Aug 28 2003, 10:17 PM
well my 52 chevy i don't use reducers i drop each corner individually startind in the back but when i drop the front i do crack the concrete with the frame that was the force i use 1/8 reducers sometimes but still it donna dump fast diff set ups depending on distanse from bag
wow none of that really made sence what i was trying to say is depending on how your setup is it could change how you dump but i guess 3/8 reducersto a shotr leighnth of line

or use smaller valves but need to consider if they will handle the pressure to dump cuz your lift valve can over power your dump valve and it will lock up

·
do it in a datsun!!
14,491 Posts
Originally posted by shorty 2low@Aug 28 2003, 08:17 PM
ok will the dump be fast? Dan says he has 1/4 reducers on his 1/2 dump...will this 3/8 dump faster? does this sound good?
Includes:
Air Tank 8-Port
4-Fill Valves
4-Dump Valves
1-110on/145off Pressure Switch & Tee
1-Drain Valve
All Fittings For Complete Installation for $565
i was thinking the same thing,no sense in paying for a 1/2" valve if your gonig to put a 1/4 reducer on it :)

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by shorty 2low@Aug 28 2003, 11:17 PM
ok will the dump be fast? Dan says he has 1/4 reducers on his 1/2 dump...will this 3/8 dump faster? does this sound good?
Includes:
Air Tank 8-Port
4-Fill Valves
4-Dump Valves
1-Drain Valve
All Fittings For Complete Installation for $565
Yes, 3/8 will dump faster! Have Fun!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by impala_631+Aug 29 2003, 02:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (impala_631 @ Aug 29 2003, 02:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--shorty 2low@Aug 28 2003, 08:17 PM
Includes:
Air Tank 8-Port
4-Fill Valves
4-Dump Valves
1-Drain Valve
All Fittings For Complete Installation   for $565
i was thinking the same thing,no sense in paying for a 1/2" valve if your gonig to put a 1/4 reducer on it :)[/b][/quote]
exactly. just make sure they are rated for the pressure you plan to run.

I bought 1/2" drops, and have the frons reduced to 1/8" and the backs to 1/4"..

I'm quicker on the switches now though, I may make the fronts 1/4 and the backs 3/8 now..

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by shorty 2low@Aug 29 2003, 07:35 PM
...humm i think i would be happier with 1/2 all the way around....i need to put together a set up that will hold plenty of PSI....any one know

Just go with a reputable company on the valves such as Parker,Herion,or SMC.
Go for it! Just make sure you get what you want the first time around.I am saying this because I have been there.I spent $2500.00 3 years ago on Air-Ride Technoligies think'n it was going to be fast!Little did I know then.Sold all of that for like $600 and some new stereo equipment.I still took a loss. :angry:

Remember if it is going to be to FAST you can always slow it down!If you go to slow you'll never get it to be FAST!

;) :cool:

Last edited by SIXONEFORLIFE at Aug 29 2003, 08:39 PM

·
Registered
91 Posts
1/2 valves are a good all round valve. Lift fast drop fast, just get good quality valves and you shouldnt have any problems. I'm using multiple sizes of valves cause i just happen to have all my old valves so why not use them. I'm using everything from 3/8-1/2-3/4 valves 3/4" valves work great for dumping the back

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
i have 1/2" fill and 3/8 dumps on the front of my lincoln. i have to tap it down if i dont want to slam it really hard. if you have good switches with extensions it makes it alot easier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts