LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one gave me a bit of a headache but finally it's gettin' shape.
I focused mainly on the movements than on steering and driving backwards. For now the car drive and you can position the wheels so it will drive in circles.
It's gonna do side2side, backup/ frontup and 3wheel while driving.
It uses a 2 channel RC setup ripped out of a $15 toycar.

The large gears are gona have a pin stickin' out where the line is attached to...so when the gear spins it will pull the the car up and down. ;)

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
wow jevries. you did all that on two channels. i just thought up a an rc hotwheels hydro car . you could do on like stand st a show scene and hide the micro rc under the stand ad run wires to the car.

·
Registered
956 Posts
damn thats fucking complicated. Gives me a headache trying to figure whats what...lol... i really need to learn this shit..buut on a good note i finaly finished a hot wheels hopper. took a while to figure the big motor out but it doesnt hop. just goes up and down.. oh well ;)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Man almost got in trouble, here at my day job, when I scrolled down to see the picture, I said "OH SHIT!" out loud, good thing only my co worker heard me.... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

That is some BAD @$$ WORK, Good Job! ! !

Where did you order those motors from? ??

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by hopper_ali@Aug 25 2003, 07:58 AM
you could do on like  stand st a show scene and hide the micro rc under the stand ad run wires to the car.
That's what I meant :biggrin:

Thanks guys...it is kinda complicated but it works kinda basic and simple.
It's the same priniciple as the Lindberghoppers only I use strings that run thru a springhose that lift the car up and down.
For the motors check this website:http://www.pololu.com/products/gearbox.html
Very nice people and they ship at the speed of light got my stuff in 2 days living in the Netherlands.
What I said before I'm really glad I found these motors I was looking for some kind of gearmotors a while now and these are the bomb! ;)

PS. I used an 1/24 RC car that uses 2 AA penlite batteries.
I saw the Nikco 1/24 RC racecars and they are really perfect for the job. The rest is pretty much scratch build. ;)

Last edited by jevries at Aug 25 2003, 09:06 AM

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
well everyone. J has done it again. id say you need a standing ovation!it does looks prety simple but id never think it up! how are you gona get the front to steer? i cant see how if it kepps goin up and down

Last edited by babybikeboi2 at Aug 25 2003, 10:23 AM

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
jevries man, i dont get you. you manage to put four motors to just two channels. i just realised something with my lil' hotwheels scene idea you could hide two rc units under the cars stand

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
i am putting mini servos on my 52 bel-air 4 channel i am keeping front seats but receiver will be in back seat
each peice is like 1"x3/8"x1" small ass servo's

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The idea behind this car was to build a RC car that's relatively cheap to build. That's why I used the cheap gearmotors and a toy 2 channel RC unit...it's merely to show you guys it can be done without spending lot's of money..that's always the challange for me. Therefor the car doesn't streer the electric way, you can pose the frontwheels so it drives in circles or straight.
The goal was to use 2 channels and have as much motion as possible...there is even another trick to make the car drive/steer lowstyle and make it dance in a standstill..but for now I wanted to drive and dance. With the motors used it's pretty simple to make a Linbergcar drive, backup/down and hop the front.
I've build this car for Brian Archuleta so when it's finished it's bye, bye...booh!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts