LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by hopper_ali+Nov 30 2003, 06:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hopper_ali @ Nov 30 2003, 06:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--1ofaknd@Dec 1 2003, 12:18 AM
lol, yea i was big ballin' when i made that.

64, are you using u-bars, or T-sliders??
he's gonna be useing u-bars.[/b][/quote]
well in that case my diagram proves to be useful. Just times it by four, and put your motors as close to the axles as possible. And when you are running the line, only have it touch the chassis in one spot, so you'll get a smoother hop and it won't wear through as quick.

So in regards to running the line, don't do it like this...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
that is the way i run the string. str8 down. but i bend and clip paper clips where ever the line touches the plastic. i dont have any problems :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf@Nov 30 2003, 08:54 PM
that is the way i run the string. str8 down. but i bend and clip paper clips where ever the line touches the plastic. i dont have any problems :thumbsup:
that's the way the HH chassis are. But that means your line touches in 2 or more spots, which means that's two spots that it can wear through, which means it'll last half as long. I'm not saying it's an exact science, more of a general rule of thumb. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by 1ofaknd+Dec 1 2003, 09:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1ofaknd @ Dec 1 2003, 09:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 30 2003, 06:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--1ofaknd
@Dec 1 2003, 12:18 AM
lol, yea i was big ballin' when i made that.

64, are you using u-bars, or T-sliders??

he's gonna be useing u-bars.
well in that case my diagram proves to be useful. Just times it by four, and put your motors as close to the axles as possible. And when you are running the line, only have it touch the chassis in one spot, so you'll get a smoother hop and it won't wear through as quick.

So in regards to running the line, don't do it like this...
[/b][/quote]
ok cool ,that makes a bit more sence , how would i go about tryin like side to side and 3 wheels ?
would i tie the string onto the very end of the u bar ?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
You would tie it to the top left corner of teh u bar before it curves down. I always use a dab of superglue to hold the string in pace or you can notch out the U bar on top where you plan to place to string. It helps keep things inline.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts