LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1/43 scale Modifiers Escalde that I want to make into a hopper. The axles can un screw and come off if that is any help. Can I get some info on how to do this and what motors I should use....I am already downloading Jevries hotwheels hopper clip.Another thing is would it be possible to make a mini-R/C car into a dancer or a hopper? :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the idea?? I have a little money that I can spend on the things that I need....I already have a toggle switch off of an old electric guitar that i have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,614 Posts
It depends on what you want the 1/43 car to do...
If you wanna make it hop take a mabuchi 130 motor..maybe 2 will fit..and use this second one for lifting the back.
If you want to make the car dance than 3 HO motors will do the job using 6V or perhaps 7.2V.

The Micro RC deal I'm not sure of....Ali did some testing and he found out that these cars can handle 2AA batteries but no more than that. There are mods out there than allow more voltage running thru the PCB but I can't figure out how to pull it off.
3V is prolly not enough to set some motion to the HO or 130 motors.

If you wanna build an RC lowrider go for a bigger size like 1/24 or even better 1/18 scale. What you need for those heavy diecast cars are gearmotors like servo's. I've found some good ones for $6 each. Travelino is building an RC escalade with those motors and I'm about to do the same. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,843 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Oct 8 2003, 09:46 PM
It depends on what you want the 1/43 car to do...
If you wanna make it hop take a mabuchi 130 motor..maybe 2 will fit..and use this second one for lifting the back.
If you want to make the car dance than 3 HO motors will do the job using 6V or perhaps 7.2V.

just so's you know jevries, this car has an awkward chassis.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,843 Posts
Originally posted by Patrick@Oct 8 2003, 09:44 PM
What is the idea?? I have a little money that I can spend on the things that I need....I already have a toggle switch off of an old electric guitar that i have.
i need to check one of my old ones
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what would be the the layout on this 3 motor dancer? I have a few motors from shit playstation controllers if those will work. I am new to the hydro scene but from this forum i have learned alot of stuff.
BTW- I like that "blue in tha face" truck clip... that was pretty hot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,843 Posts
Originally posted by Patrick@Oct 8 2003, 09:52 PM
what would be the the layout on this 3 motor dancer? I have a few motors from shit playstation controllers if those will work. I am new to the hydro scene but from this forum i have learned alot of stuff.
BTW- I like that "blue in tha face" truck clip... that was pretty hot.
what you wanna get is some micro scalectrix motors. you will fit four in there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much are they?? Did you already make a modifier into a dancer, because if so could I see a wiring diagram to build one of my own?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top