LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was charging the first 3 batterys and i usually use multi meter while charging to see how much they are charged,i went ahead and tested all of them all of them measured 12.2v there was one that measure 11.9v....my question is could i save it? i unscrewed the little caps and one was low,what would i use to refill? distilled water i guess :confused:

thanks
hope i don't have to buy new battery :(

here is how they look with all the caps at the top

·
Registered
269 Posts
only use distilled water, sometimes well water will have sediments in it that will neutralize the acid in the battery ;)

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info im gonna check that out,thats actually where these batteries came from too :cool:

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by TX REGULATER@Oct 5 2007, 03:19 PM~8939838
go to o reily auto parts they sell battery acid by da gallon  for 7 bucks n change it do da dam thing
We'll maybe...

if you need to just top it off, use water. I remember something about to much acid can shorten the batteries life.

If you have a dry battery then you will need to buy electrolyte (battery acid).

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm i know the batteries used to have fleet stickers on them,super start fleet from o'riellys not sure wich to fill it with,i charged that one battery up 2amps overnight and it held and measured up to 12.7v surpised me

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nah it was the first battery running the back pump,i have the 24v switch wire running on the first bank of 3 for the front pump

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
circled in yellow is the battery thats low just under that cap rest were ok

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
shouldnt a fully charged battery read like 13.xx? i also hears they should read low 14's...

HOW DID YOU GET THOSE CAPS OFF?

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea i think a full charge is 13.4,i couldnt charge any longer i had to drive the car,lol the caps just unscrew i used a wide flat head screwdriver

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
Originally posted by BrownSugar85@Oct 6 2007, 02:01 AM~8942399
yea i think a full charge is 13.4,i couldnt charge any longer i had to drive the car,lol the caps just unscrew i used a wide flat head screwdriver

oh, i thought they popped off but i could never wedge them off. im charging my batterys now, ill have to check their level tomorrow...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts