LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wuzza LIL'ers i was jus wondering on what ur input is on my little idea. i was thinking about running single pump for a while just to see how i like it and shit, so whatever I'm thinking of building a pump wit the pro hopper LA 1 inch block, 1/2 inch parker check valve, 1 inch hoses and 1/2 inch fittings. If one inch at the port is too big then maybe I should go 3/4? does anyone know if pro hopper sells a 3/4?? i have 3 1/2 ton springs in the front wit 5 turns and no deep cups and I'm running 48 volts right now and it seems to be doing the job but I need u guys to school me a lil bit here. If this 1 inch or 3/4 idea works out how high will i be lookin? I'm pretty good at the switch too ;) thankx homies

Ricky

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
5 turns aint enough , you need as much as you can get and still have some travel .And 48 volts arent enough even if you go down to 3\4 inch ports use more power or a 1\2 inch ports.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Nov 16 2003, 06:00 PM
5 turns aint enough , you need as much as you can get and still have some travel .And 48 volts arent enough even if you go down to 3\4 inch ports use more power or a 1\2 inch ports.
well now that i look a it I'm not really looking to hit 50 inches. I just need sumthin that'll get me anywhere from 35-40 using what i have now and making the most of it. And i have to correct myself about the 48 volts thing cuz if i go single pump then i will upgrade it to 72 volts. if i go 72 with 3/4 or 1 inch using what i have now (31/2 ton springs) will it get me up there?? thankx

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
The 5 turns arent gonna be enough , Extend the A-arms 1.5 inches use a full rack of spring and deep cups. The rear end of the car also needs to be stiff and lock up even not all that high though.The 72 volts will work well with the 3\4 ports and a #9 gear.And use an Italian dump also dont put the dump in the pressure line

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Also all the 1/2 fittings and check valves need to go use the 3/4 all the way through

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by milkweed@Nov 16 2003, 11:35 PM
why does everybody say to use deep cups?

when you have a full stack of coils ?

can the spring pop out with reg cups?
so you can get more coul in the car and hop better and yes the coil could pop out of a reg cup but most people weld pipe to the bottom of the reg cup so this doesn't happen ;)

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
i am taling about 4.5 ton coils they r taller than the 3.5 that i know of

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by milkweed@Nov 17 2003, 09:29 AM

how will deep cups alow more coil then reg cups???

reg. cups are flat at the upperside.
deepcups allows the whole cylinder collar to go down in it and that allows more suspension travel.

Last edited by badass 64 at Nov 17 2003, 10:42 AM

·
Registered
369 Posts
what is the point in runnin all the big lines and checks.. when your pump head is restricted by a 3/8 hole........ Your not accomplishing anything...... prove me wronge.... the bigger sizes is a different story on the return system....

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Nov 17 2003, 10:55 AM
what is the point in runnin all the big lines and checks.. when your pump head is restricted by a 3/8 hole........ Your not accomplishing anything...... prove me wronge.... the bigger sizes is a different story on the return system....
i said i wanted to go bigger when i increase the port size....

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Nov 17 2003, 10:55 AM
Not all pumpheads use a 3/8 port ,you can get 1inch trough the whole system. Bigger returns will only hurt you ,thats why you have a slow down.You would never be able to catch the car on the way down.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Ulysses 2+Nov 23 2003, 06:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ulysses 2 @ Nov 23 2003, 06:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--nissanminitrucker@Nov 17 2003, 10:55 AM
what is the point in runnin all the big lines and checks.. when your pump head is restricted by a 3/8 hole........  Your not accomplishing anything......  prove me wronge....  the bigger sizes is a different story on the return system....
Not all pumpheads use a 3/8 port ,you can get 1inch trough the whole system. Bigger returns will only hurt you ,thats why you have a slow down.You would never be able to catch the car on the way down.[/b][/quote]
i need to find out if pro hopper builds a 3/4 inch LA block cuz if they do i might just go wit 3/4 wit 3/4 checkvalves, 1 adex to the front, do they have 3/4 hoses??? it will also be powered by either a number 7 or 9 marzocchi (dont know what number yet) and either a chrome prestolite motor or a chrome saco havy duty motor, and imma keep the 51/2 turns of my 3.5 tons in the front. Also I'm really curious about this will the springs in the rear end of the car determine anything in hopping, cuz iknow mine is a little stiff cuz i have 4 turns of blue 1 ton coil and sumtimes it hops like i have 500 pounds of lead in the trunk. thanks for any help ;)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Sorry I took so long , you can get anything you mentioned there from almost any supplier, if not prohopper try Hi Low. The 5 turns arent enough though. With the 3.5 tons and only 5 turns youll have to old the switch longer before the car is all the way up making it slower, even though it looks fast.Plus, you need all the bounce that comes from having more turns on your springs. Use a full wrap of coil in the front.Also make sure you X-tend the Aarms if you dont theyll try to rip the mounts off the frame, plus you cant use as much coil, even with deep cups. As for the rear it needs to be stiff and even but not too high. It only needs to be high enough for the hight you can hit [imo] anything else just weighs down the front end.If the car isnt even in the back itll lift uneven and put more stress on one corner tan the other this will at least cost you inches, and crack the frame later. If the back bounces around use stiffer springs, I always use chains to get iteven and keep the springs stiff.

ONE THING FOR SURE THOUGH, YOU WILL NEED MORE THAN 5.5 TURNS ON YOUR SPRINGS. If I dont get back with you today I will next week.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thankx homie it looks lik i need to throw in a full stack now, i have deep cups n the front so hopefully my shit wont sit too high when i throw in those full stacks, thankx though homie imma call up pro hopper and ask em for those 3/4 inch ports. ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts