LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 1 inch pressure port and was wondering how much the air psi should be? Its not a piston pump!!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
anything more than 20 psi will be a mess, i would never put more than 35 in one of those max.

p.s. you will only gain MAYBE an inch with air in a regular tank, more mess than its worth imo.

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
verry true, dont bother with it. fill your tank, bleed the lines, then rais it all the way up. wrap the plug in teflon and tighten the plug, then dump it! all you need

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
You can make a breather for the tank that will keep a contant 30-40 psi without having to add air. Use a regular 3/8" check and a pipe cap. Drill a small hole in the cap and thread it onto the inlet side of the check with some locktite or tread sealant. There you go, a checked breather. Screw it onto the tank. When you raise the car the breather will suck in just enough air to fill the void left from the exiting oil. When the car drops the air will be trapped. It will always take in the same amount of air.So, it wont keep building up. It will stay constant. Just dont ever over fill the tank. Thats all.

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Jul 23 2005, 06:51 PM
You can make a breather for the tank that will keep a contant 30-40 psi without having to add air. Use a regular 3/8" check and a pipe cap. Drill a small hole in the cap and thread it onto the inlet side of the check with some locktite or tread sealant. There you go, a checked breather. Screw it onto the tank. When you raise the car the breather will suck in just enough air to fill the void left from the exiting oil. When the car drops the air will be trapped. It will always take in the same amount of air.So, it wont keep building up. It will stay constant. Just dont ever over fill the tank. Thats all.
[snapback]3466282[/snapback]​
:thumbsup: !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Originally posted by dough916@Jul 23 2005, 05:00 PM
anything more than 20 psi will be a mess, i would never put more than 35 in one of those max.

p.s. you will only gain MAYBE an inch with air in a regular tank, more mess than its worth imo.
[snapback]3465423[/snapback]​
I've did 130 without problems, but it doesn't make t6hat much differance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts