LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
on one pump, you will need an 8 dump manifold.

if you worried about space, prohopper has there mini pumps on clearance, get 2 of these and four dumps.

if you plan on one pumping your euro or ricers expect a host of problems and $$$ to spend on up keep.

get a 2pump 4dump setup :),

cc

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
People use 5 dumps on one pump to (kinda) give them two pump performance..

You use the 5th dump as a blocker dump so you can raise the front individually or the rear. (depending on where you plumb the 5th dump...)

If you want two pump moves without a two pump setup, you can run 6 dumps.. That will give you the same moves as a two pump 4 dump...

heres a diagram of 1 pump 5 dump, and 1 pump 6 dump...

Last edited by vwlownslo at Oct 25 2003, 02:23 PM

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]@Oct 25 2003, 01:38 PM
why the fuck would you want 5 dumps??? 4 dumps will allow each corner to dumped individually, but the entire car would lift when you hit the switch :cool:
Thats exactly why people use a fifth or sixth dump... Witha fifth dump plumber in, you can block fluid, say from the front, like my first pic, and only raise the back... or both.

Or add a 6th dump, and have all the moves of a two pump...

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
If you're going that far, you may as well go ahead and stick 8-dumps back there, so people can ask, "Hey, you got 4 pumps in that?" :)

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys. I wanna do FBSS and 3 wheel on my accord and I remember seeing all these 1-5 setups around AZ. I had a 1-8 prohopper setup but sold it for an offer i couldn't refuse. I guessI will look for a new one.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
yeah, you may as well... I was just trying to give an idea as to how or why people would run 5 (or 6) dumps..

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by vwlownslo+Oct 25 2003, 03:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vwlownslo @ Oct 25 2003, 03:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><[email protected]@Oct 25 2003, 01:38 PM
why the fuck would you want 5 dumps???  4 dumps will allow each corner to dumped individually, but the entire car would lift when you hit the switch :cool:
Thats exactly why people use a fifth or sixth dump... Witha fifth dump plumber in, you can block fluid, say from the front, like my first pic, and only raise the back... or both.

Or add a 6th dump, and have all the moves of a two pump...[/b][/quote]
that is just plain stupid though,,,i knew you could do that, its just plain stupid

1 - 11 of 11 Posts