LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Ive updated everything else on my car so now I wanna do the valves since I had the 4 peice of shit chasis tech valves. Im thinking about gettin gcs or smcs. I can 3 wheel the rear with what I have now I just have to run awful high psi all the time but ive seen people use 2 extra valves to 3 wheel. Hows that done? What valves would you recomend?

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
I think your talking about dog legging. You can use any kind really, just as long as it's a one way flow valve (like them SMC's and Parkers). I say go SMC or Parker.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dog leg...3 wheel same to me but how do you wire and line the 2 other valves to do it? Thats what I dont get.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You can 3 wheel on cylinders as long as they have top and bottom ports. If you want to run a GC/SMC/Parker style valves then you will need is 4 valves on the corner that you want to 3 wheel. Plumbing is awkward. When the top valve opens to lift the car, you want the bottom dump valve to open. That way as the cylinder piston slides down the cylinder to lift the car, thenbottom chamber is dumped. The same goes for lower/3 wheelin but in reverse. When you go to lower the car, the top dump valve needs to open, and the lower fill valve opens. By the lower pump valve opening, it uses the tankl air pressure to shoot the cylinder up, and the air pressure holds the tire up to allow the three wheel.
Just remember when you lower the whole car, that corner is going to crop like a sack of potatoes now.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts