LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up i just installed a set up in my homiez car and now he wonts replace his 8's with 10's i'm sure someone has done it already and what needs to b done to make it work if it can work... i hear it can fuck shit up :confused:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
There is only so much travel your front suspension has and if you keep pushing it you can break ball joints and bend stuff. Shit you can put some 6's and it will do the same as 8's!

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
you can do it if its just temporary,,my homie has 10s in front of a luxury sport,,street hopper,,he hasnt had any problems,,,used it all summer long,,now he went back to 8's

·
Registered
812 Posts
There is only so much travel your front suspension has and if you keep pushing it you can break ball joints and bend stuff. Shit you can put some 6's and it will do the same as 8's!
no joke why do people do some of the shit they do amazes me....

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Yeah it won't do any different that the 8s in front. Tell him to watch the front and when he raises it to the max how his a arms hit the frame and how it wouldn't work with 10s any differently

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Never seen a g-body that could use 10s in front.

8" cylinders in the stock front suspension on that car is going to give you, from laying frame, 12" of lift. Even though you want a little stroke left over to push on the coil rather than dead heading the pump, you'd be hard pressed to find a front suspension that needs any more than that. Maybe a body drop with custom arms/spindles for high lockup.. its a lot to expect from a stock 15.5" lower arm.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
no joke why do people do some of the shit they do amazes me....
Don't Know Brotha. But people never seem to amaze me either. How have you been bro?

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
Never seen a g-body that could use 10s in front.

8" cylinders in the stock front suspension on that car is going to give you, from laying fr

ame, 12" of lift. Even though you want a little stroke left over to push on the coil rather than dead heading the pump, you'd be hard pressed to find a front suspension that needs any more than that. Maybe a body drop with custom arms/spindles for high lockup.. its a lot to expect from a stock
15.5" lower arm.
okay Mr smart pants. U.know too much. Hahaha

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks to everyone 4 the info

·
Registered
2,009 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
The 8's in my cutty would compress the spring and lock the supension stiff as if there was no suspension and then the very end of the shaft would bend.I put 6's in and it still locked up but would not compress the spring so I could ride locked up and still had some spring in the front. Will never do 8's again in the front of a G-body.

·
Registered
207 Posts
:facepalm: becareful cuz your going to overlock your A-arms crack welds an constant stress on your ball joint and we all seen hopping video when that ball joint snaps it fucks wit your man hood ***** be screamn and shit runnin

·
Charlie don't Chop
115 Posts
There is only 5 " of travel where the cylinder mounts, granted the arm continues out and the 5" grows due to it working like a cantilever so it lifts the car higher. I like the 6" ram in the 8" body Idea, I may have to borrow that idea

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,530 Posts
Yes very tru! depending on ur rig 8 inch cylinders never even see full extension. The really trick is buy a 6" cylinder take the shaft and place it in ur 8" case! Just for a bit more edge!
Does nothing

1 - 20 of 47 Posts