LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 778 Posts

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oops, I meant 1993-'96 Fleetwoods.

I've read all the topics, but I'd like a little feedback. I have 13x7 Chinas, but I've heard some people say they rub in the rear, others say they don't. Some people say to roll the rear quarters out. Some people say you need to grind the calipers AND add spacers, some people say one or the other.

My skirts have already been shaved and trimmed, and I've fit 20s and 17s in there with no rubbing, but they were wide standard offset. The car is juiced, so I don't want a shitload of rubbing when the rear is dumped.

What are your experiences? I don't want 13x5.5, especially since I already have wheels. :thumbsdown: (No 14x6 please. We all know about that...)

:cool:

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Jan 15 2008, 11:46 AM~9700872
I've read all the topics, but I'd like a little feedback.  I have 13x7 Chinas, but I've heard some people say they rub in the rear of 1994-'96 Fleetwoods, others say they don't.  Some people say to roll the rear quarters out.  Some people say you need to grind the calipers AND add spacers, some people say one or the other.

My skirts have already been shaved and trimmed, and I've fit 20s and 17s in there with no rubbing, but they were wide standard offset.  The car is juiced, so I don't want a shitload of rubbing when the rear is dumped.

What are your experiences?  I don't want 13x5.5, especially since I already have wheels. :thumbsdown: (No 14x6 please.  We all know about that...)

:cool:
well it looks like there is nothing else for you to do. if you don't want it to rub than you will need smaller wheels. or dayton/ zenniths. this is the only fix to the problem big dog :(

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See that's what I'm trying to find out. Some people say they rub on the inner fender. Some people say if you trim the inside of the skirts, you'll be all right.

Some people say just grind the caliper and call it a day. Some say spacers. Some say both.

So which is it, before I start swapping wheels? It's cold outside! :cheesy: And if they don't fit, fuck it, I'm saving up for 14" Zeniths anyway. I just thought I'd swap the 13s from the Regal to the blue Caddy, and the 17s from the blue Cad to the white Cad. Ya know, change it up a bit. :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Bro...
I have rolled Ds and Chinas 13s and 14s.
The 14" Daytons never rubbed even when fully dumped.....

I switched to 13" chinas....never had an issue there either. I did have to grind the front calipers but they went right on in the rear. You also havtocut the inside skirt tabs. But you should be fine.

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Roma@Jan 15 2008, 03:20 PM~9701111
Bro...
I have rolled Ds and Chinas 13s and 14s.
The 14" Daytons never rubbed even when fully dumped.....

I switched to 13" chinas....never had an issue there either. I did have to grind the front calipers but they went right on in the rear.  You also havtocut the inside skirt tabs. But you should be fine.

Nice pics man. :thumbsup: That's the feedback I was hoping to hear. Grinding the calipers is nothing, but I wanted to hear if they'd clear in the rear. Like I said, I've already trimmed the skirt tabs and bent the levers back, so they cleared 20x9 and 17x8.5 standards with no rubs. :biggrin:

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
3 Members: Badass94Cad, lil ese, ogwirewheels

This dude should know. My 13x7s are OG. ;)

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Jan 15 2008, 12:29 PM~9701183
4 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
3 Members: Badass94Cad, lil ese, ogwirewheels

This dude should know.  My 13x7s are OG. ;)
well every car is diffrent my homie had d's on his big body and then put some chinas and fit no problem but mine i needed to put spacers with no grinding and rollout my fenders to make fit. both of us needed to cut the skirt and shit too. so i just ordered my new set of wheel from kieth with 13x5.5's for the back. i want to lay as low as possible for the ass with no rubbing. oh yea all of our wheels were 13x7's too.hope it helps out homie

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool cool. Post a pic! :biggrin:

Anybody else fit 13x7 in the rear with minimal mods, ie. just trimming inside the skirts? :cool:

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Jan 15 2008, 01:48 PM~9701737
Cool cool.  Post a pic! :biggrin:
Anybody else fit 13x7 in the rear with minimal mods, ie. just trimming inside the skirts?  :cool:
as soon as kieth gets them to me i will post pics of it.

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
went the hard route on mine, cut the rear axle 3" and perfect fit with roadsters, known to have the biggest offset but not so fun when I have to replace an axle :angry:

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
went the hard route on mine, cut the rear axle 3" and perfect fit with 13X7 roadsters, known to have the biggest offset but not so fun when I have to replace an axle :angry:

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
went the hard route on mine, cut the rear axle 3" and perfect fit with 13X7 roadsters, known to have the biggest offset but not so fun when I have to replace an axle :angry:

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Damn, I'm planning to shorten the axle anyway to fit something different, but I was hoping to slap these 13s on in the meantime. :cheesy:

Anybody else with experience putting 13x7 in the rear? :cool:

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
bump

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
13s on both of my old fleetwoods no problem all i had to do is grind the caliper and shave the skirts in the rear and slap them on

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by 3whlcmry@Jan 18 2008, 11:10 AM~9725720
13s on both of my old fleetwoods no problem all i had to do is grind the caliper and shave the skirts in the rear and slap them on

Thanks. I'm digging those patters. :cool:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Whats good Jeff..plan on throwing the 13's on Blue Lac huh? that would be hot! i just recently picked up another Big Body 95 black on grey . I plan on rolling 13's soon as spring hits.

1 - 20 of 778 Posts