LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

721 - 740 of 778 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Originally posted by Refined95@Apr 5 2011, 01:17 AM~20261996
I just read through this whole damn thread! Lots of good info!
Can somebody please explain excactly how to roll the quarter panel and what part of the panel gets bent out? Is it the fold along the top of the lip? I pounded out the inside of my quarter panel but still have rubbing on my white wall along the fold of the lip. I tried to pound that out but didn't seem to work to well. My ride is not lifted so I'm driving at stock level.

I CUT THE LIP ON THE BODY AND THE INSIDE LIP OF THE SKIRT ALSO. I ROLLED 14X7 ALL DAY LONG 3 WHEELIN DOWN THE HIWAY.... NO RUBBING AT ALL!!!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Originally posted by pumps77@Apr 20 2011, 11:38 AM~20381458
I CUT THE LIP ON THE BODY AND THE INSIDE LIP OF THE SKIRT ALSO. I ROLLED 14X7 ALL DAY LONG 3 WHEELIN DOWN THE HIWAY.... NO RUBBING AT ALL!!!!
:thumbsup:
Thanks Bro! That's my next step, cutting the lip & maybe shaving down the inside of that fold :mad: aggravating stuff. Seems like every one of these cars is different. What works for one car might not work for any other car. Its pretty much trial & error for everybody til you get your specific car riding the right way!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Just shorten the rear end. No shaving on any body parts. I roll on 13s all day, every day with no problem or rubbing. Including 3 wheelling.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
In jan 2011 I bought a 96 fleetwood brougham. This thing was 1 owner and only had 43,000 original miles on it. This car is so clean i was debating if i should throw wires on it or not. I eventually got the cash and bought some 13x7 chinas from Galaxy Wire Wheel in riverside Ca. When we first put the wheels on i had the same problem as everyone. Th rear passsanger side was rubbing. So i spoke to a couple of homies who have big bodys and they all told me different things. One his tire would rub on the lip of the quarter panel so he cut the lip and never rubbed again. The second said that he had to take a bat and roll the inside of the fender and the problem was solved. Due to the car being so clean and looking like it just came from the dealership floor i didnt want to do either to this car. Another friend said he had the problem and put air shocks this way he could fill the shocks and it raises the car up. I didnt really like that cuz when he let the air out the car still rubbed. the last friend said that he put real Daytons on and has never had any rubbing. Since i didnt have $1700 to spend on a set of D's i took the rims off and called Galaxy Wire. i told the guy what my problem was and he said to bring him the back 2 wheels. He asked if he changed the Offset of the wheels if that would help. He said he could bring the offset of the wheels in 1/4 of an inch. I told him that would probably work. For those of you who dont understand what the offset is it is the location of where the center hub of the wheel is when touching your drum. this way the dish sits in a 1/4 inch more. dont know if that makes sense. so i took the wheels back just the back ones and 1 week later he had them done. he set the offset 1/4 inch in and when i put them on the car i have had not rubbing at all. I have even had a couple homies who wiegh bout 300 each in the back and no problem. Im still running 13x7 but the offset in the back is 1/4inch different then the front but u cant even tell. so if your like me and dont wanna roll ur fender, dont wanna cut the lip, dont wanna shave ur skirts and definately refuse to run 13x6 tell the guy ur buying ur wheels from if he can set ur offset a 1/4 inch in from the standard settings unless your running real D's then they already have the proper offset. Hope this helps. If your in So. Cal and are looking for rims im telling you Galaxy Wire Wheel came thru in a big way. He didnt even charge me to redo the offset. But i did just buy the wheels 2 days before. good luck

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
1/4" offset from original place??I call bullshit......I wanna see how he did it cuz Ive took apart many sets of wire wheels and the most I could offset the original place was 2/16th.......are you sure he just didnt swap the barrels with ones that were punched 3/16th inward???......I gotta pm Galaxy to see what they did.....

In jan 2011 I bought a 96 fleetwood brougham. This thing was 1 owner and only had 43,000 original miles on it. This car is so clean i was debating if i should throw wires on it or not. I eventually got the cash and bought some 13x7 chinas from Galaxy Wire Wheel in riverside Ca. When we first put the wheels on i had the same problem as everyone. Th rear passsanger side was rubbing. So i spoke to a couple of homies who have big bodys and they all told me different things. One his tire would rub on the lip of the quarter panel so he cut the lip and never rubbed again. The second said that he had to take a bat and roll the inside of the fender and the problem was solved. Due to the car being so clean and looking like it just came from the dealership floor i didnt want to do either to this car. Another friend said he had the problem and put air shocks this way he could fill the shocks and it raises the car up. I didnt really like that cuz when he let the air out the car still rubbed. the last friend said that he put real Daytons on and has never had any rubbing. Since i didnt have $1700 to spend on a set of D's i took the rims off and called Galaxy Wire. i told the guy what my problem was and he said to bring him the back 2 wheels. He asked if he changed the Offset of the wheels if that would help. He said he could bring the offset of the wheels in 1/4 of an inch. I told him that would probably work. For those of you who dont understand what the offset is it is the location of where the center hub of the wheel is when touching your drum. this way the dish sits in a 1/4 inch more. dont know if that makes sense. so i took the wheels back just the back ones and 1 week later he had them done. he set the offset 1/4 inch in and when i put them on the car i have had not rubbing at all. I have even had a couple homies who wiegh bout 300 each in the back and no problem. Im still running 13x7 but the offset in the back is 1/4inch different then the front but u cant even tell. so if your like me and dont wanna roll ur fender, dont wanna cut the lip, dont wanna shave ur skirts and definately refuse to run 13x6 tell the guy ur buying ur wheels from if he can set ur offset a 1/4 inch in from the standard settings unless your running real D's then they already have the proper offset. Hope this helps. If your in So. Cal and are looking for rims im telling you Galaxy Wire Wheel came thru in a big way. He didnt even charge me to redo the offset. But i did just buy the wheels 2 days before. good luck

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
U can call bs all u want!!! I dont build wheels. I know they rubbed on the inside of the quarter panel constantly. He said he would change it a 1/4 inch. It looks like he did n i have no rubbin at all. Sometimes cuz u didnt try it or perfect it dont mean it cant be done. Call oscar at galaxy wire in riverside ca n ask!!!! Im just lettin the guy wit the prob know there r other options. Hope u learn something from oscar. Good luck

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
721 - 740 of 778 Posts