LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

761 - 778 of 778 Posts

·
Play Time$ Over
492 Posts
13x7 daytons on my daily no rubbing at all IMG_0296.jpg IMG_0309.jpg IMG_0312.jpg IMG_0313.jpg

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Okay dis is WEAK SAUCE> I've been rollin round every since I got my 13x7's and skinny's and I haven't had any rub riding all the way down EVERYWHERE. I had a blowout, had a uniroyal tiger paw back there and it rubbed. I know the uniroyal is wider than the skinny, so I switched out for a skinny and it's still rubbing on this one side (pass). I'm stumped, My only guess is the wheel is warped or something?
Dumbass, the rim was bent!

For me it actually depends on wha tbrand TIRE I run. Cornell, Firestone, dayton quandra, works in the rear. Uniroyal, and milestar DO NOT. 13x7 china. THe milestars ad uniroyals are wider in tread which pushes the sidewall out against the body itself not the skirt really. Cornell, dayton quadra, and firestone fr380's all have a vrey narrow tread the pull the sidewall in likea 5.20 look and clears all day everyday. No bent wheels either, that'lll rrub.

What I've found out so far.

·
California Love
6,972 Posts
Dumbass, the rim was bent!

For me it actually depends on wha tbrand TIRE I run. Cornell, Firestone, dayton quandra, works in the rear. Uniroyal, and milestar DO NOT. 13x7 china. THe milestars ad uniroyals are wider in tread which pushes the sidewall out against the body itself not the skirt really. Cornell, dayton quadra, and firestone fr380's all have a vrey narrow tread the pull the sidewall in likea 5.20 look and clears all day everyday. No bent wheels either, that'lll rrub.

What I've found out so far.
Good info!

·
California Love
6,972 Posts
Do the 13x5.5 handle well on a big body like this?
I wouldn't say "handle well", I'd say the car will still be mobile...Your asking alot from a tire that is only rated at about 995lbs each and a car that weighs over 5000 lbs. LOL. Obviously tire manufacturers state conservative ratings or they'd all pop when you hit a bump. You have to compromise speed, turning response and braking distance whenever you modify the tire size (bigger or smaller). In this case it even more noticble because the tire size is dramatically reduced.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I wouldn't say "handle well", I'd say the car will still be mobile...Your asking alot from a tire that is only rated at about 995lbs each and a car that weighs over 5000 lbs. LOL. Obviously tire manufacturers state conservative ratings or they'd all pop when you hit a bump. You have to compromise speed, turning response and braking distance whenever you modify the tire size (bigger or smaller). In this case it even more noticble because the tire size is dramatically reduced.
Well I'm not gonna be racing it or drifting or anything.
Top speed is probably 50 mph once in a while.
I cruise through the city not no highways.
I just don't want to be popping tires or something.

·
California Love
6,972 Posts
Doubt they will pop unless they get really bald. People been rolling 13s on heavy cars for years. They are definitely for looks, not performance.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i say all looks , I came up on some 13s dayton 72s so I sold my 14 chinas and put on my 13s. I must say it drives a little ruffer but looks a lot better. but like homie said, I dont plan on taking a road trip i just cruise and drive 50 55 even on the freeway, fuck it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In jan 2011 I bought a 96 fleetwood brougham. This thing was 1 owner and only had 43,000 original miles on it. This car is so clean i was debating if i should throw wires on it or not. I eventually got the cash and bought some 13x7 chinas from Galaxy Wire Wheel in riverside Ca. When we first put the wheels on i had the same problem as everyone. Th rear passsanger side was rubbing. So i spoke to a couple of homies who have big bodys and they all told me different things. One his tire would rub on the lip of the quarter panel so he cut the lip and never rubbed again. The second said that he had to take a bat and roll the inside of the fender and the problem was solved. Due to the car being so clean and looking like it just came from the dealership floor i didnt want to do either to this car. Another friend said he had the problem and put air shocks this way he could fill the shocks and it raises the car up. I didnt really like that cuz when he let the air out the car still rubbed. the last friend said that he put real Daytons on and has never had any rubbing. Since i didnt have $1700 to spend on a set of D's i took the rims off and called Galaxy Wire. i told the guy what my problem was and he said to bring him the back 2 wheels. He asked if he changed the Offset of the wheels if that would help. He said he could bring the offset of the wheels in 1/4 of an inch. I told him that would probably work. For those of you who dont understand what the offset is it is the location of where the center hub of the wheel is when touching your drum. this way the dish sits in a 1/4 inch more. dont know if that makes sense. so i took the wheels back just the back ones and 1 week later he had them done. he set the offset 1/4 inch in and when i put them on the car i have had not rubbing at all. I have even had a couple homies who wiegh bout 300 each in the back and no problem. Im still running 13x7 but the offset in the back is 1/4inch different then the front but u cant even tell. so if your like me and dont wanna roll ur fender, dont wanna cut the lip, dont wanna shave ur skirts and definately refuse to run 13x6 tell the guy ur buying ur wheels from if he can set ur offset a 1/4 inch in from the standard settings unless your running real D's then they already have the proper offset. Hope this helps. If your in So. Cal and are looking for rims im telling you Galaxy Wire Wheel came thru in a big way. He didnt even charge me to redo the offset. But i did just buy the wheels 2 days before. good luck
Thanks for this info! Did the size of the outer lip change, was it a little smaller?

761 - 778 of 778 Posts