LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a set of 13" wires. They're for my 95 Oldsmobile Aurora. When I went to mount them up, the inside face of the rim hits against the outside face of the caliper.

What can I do about this? Is spacing them out the only way to fix it?

If so.. anyone got any like 1" 5 x 4.5" spacers for sale?

Thanks

·
1964 dos patas
1,498 Posts
Just got a set of 13" wires. They're for my 95 Oldsmobile Aurora. When I went to mount them up, the inside face of the rim hits against the outside face of the caliper.

Thanks

x2. After you install 1" spacers, it'll be more of a go kart then an aurora :uh:
roll it til the wheels fall off ;)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

Thanks
you can try to grind the shit out the calipers and put a 5/16 slip on spacer and check the fit,but 13x7reverse on that will still look like a go-cart,like homie said earlier.If you're stuck on puttin wires on your ride,try sum 14x7 standards with 175/70R14s,you'll probably get a better fit.The 175/70s are only bout an inch or so taller in total inflated height than 155/80R13s...Keep in mind you might still need a slip on and/or sum grindingon the front calipers and it won't look as much like a go cart............:drama:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Grinding the hell out of them worked.. slipped in a very small spacer, too... but yea, they're pokin out. Like half the wheel or so is out of the wheel well.

I've got a 76 Monte Carlo I could put them on I guess.. but that entire car is stock and I'd almost feel bad putting them on it.

Hmm, probably off to craigslist with em if I don't like them within a week.

I'll get some pics in a while so everyone can have a chuckle.

·
The Canadian
7,793 Posts
Grinding the hell out of them worked.. slipped in a very small spacer, too... but yea, they're pokin out. Like half the wheel or so is out of the wheel well.

I've got a 76 Monte Carlo I could put them on I guess.. but that entire car is stock and I'd almost feel bad putting them on it.

This is not a surprise, them poking out. Slap em on the Monte, it'll look better! Don't worry about hurting it, it'll be fine :biggrin: :cool:

·
Registered
3,756 Posts

:thumbsup: Perfect, thanks!

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
You in Cali or wis?

·
Registered
860 Posts
That reminds me of the 90s, when you put reverse on a front wheel drive car. It look like a grasshopper on the road. I would roll it lol, u know u wait long enough it will go back into style. All you need is a set of those 50 series bfg or pirelle.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wisconsin man, look at all the dumbass pinetrees. haha

I dunno if wire wheels will ever be in style around here, hick town WI.

They're on craigslist.. I'll roll em until someone gives me enough to take them off.

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
PM me how much I'm from Duluth mn

·
SUCK ON MY
4,860 Posts
put them shits on the monte

·
Registered
206 Posts
So you ground the calipers and didn't like the look? That was smart! :twak: Now you're rolling around with half ass calipers and no wires?:roflmao: Should of just went with the 14's there's really not much of a difference in looks if you roll a 175-70-14 tire. I never understood the stupidity in grinding your calipers. :loco:

·
ONE SHOT ONE KILL
746 Posts
That reminds me of the 90s, when you put reverse on a front wheel drive car. It look like a grasshopper on the road. I would roll it lol, u know u wait long enough it will go back into style. All you need is a set of those 50 series bfg or pirelle.
hell yeah bro. that was tha shit back then. 50 series stuck out like 5in. fuldas all day

1 - 20 of 27 Posts