LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

13's on a caddy

3K views 40 replies 28 participants last post by  show-bound 
#1 ·
I was wondering if 13 inch og's would fit on a 88 caddy fleetwood RWD? I was told teh caliper in teh front wont fit.....is this true??

what size of wire would u run?

#3 ·
get some 1/4'' spacers for the front and you may or may not have to grind a little. for the back you'll need to notch the inner lip a little. if you had real d's you wouldnt have to. a lot of people put 14x7's in the front and 14x6 in the rear, but i dont like the idea of diff sizes.

#9 ·
Originally posted by Joost....@Jul 29 2005, 10:30 AM
i think 13s is the way to go, youre building a lowrider  ;)  :biggrin:
[snapback]3503883[/snapback]​
Guess my car isnt a lowrider, no I just want my car safe when I am doing 80 on the freeway, get 13s if you dont plan on puttin hydraulics on it.

#11 ·
Originally posted by Joost....@Jul 29 2005, 12:13 PM
why doin 80 with it? If you wanna drive fast you need a sportscar, its a lowrider  :biggrin:  :cool:
[snapback]3504753[/snapback]​
Freeway, I have to take it if I want to go to anyshows.

#13 ·
Originally posted by mJr-Regals4lyfe@Jul 29 2005, 12:24 PM
go on the freeway but you dont have to do 80
[snapback]3504822[/snapback]​
I do, why have a car you cant do 80 on the freeway with, I drive the freeway all the time and I cant stand gettin past I like my car fully functional, dont get me wrong I would roll 13s an everything except towncars and cads, I had 13s on my car for a week I hated it.

#14 ·
Originally posted by 509Rider@Jul 29 2005, 12:32 PM
I do, why have a car you cant do 80 on the freeway with, I drive the freeway all the time and I cant stand gettin past I like my car fully functional, dont get me wrong I would roll 13s an everything except towncars and cads, I had 13s on my car for a week I hated it.
[snapback]3504860[/snapback]​
:thumbsup:

#16 ·
Originally posted by 3onthree@Jul 29 2005, 08:09 PM
why you say not to run spacers?
[snapback]3505061[/snapback]​

puts alot of stress on the wheelstuds, in some cases they break....thats why theyre illegal in alot of countries

#20 ·
instead of having to deal with spacers and grinding wheels and also cutting the quarter lip so they dont rub your tires all these problems can be solved with just buying 14s(14x6s in the back) :)

imo.... plus u have the added benefit of IF u have to go a little faster some day u can...and they just look better lol :thumbsup:

#22 ·
grind the calipers down and put the 13's on it....those lacs dont look right with 14's IMO

#25 ·
Originally posted by TYTE95@Jul 4 2008, 12:34 AM~11011013
i had to grind a pretty good amount around the pins and some off the top/front and add spacers. not feeling to safe about it though so i ordered a new set of calipers in case i feel like going back to 14's. i love my 13" d's but i may have to try out some 14" z's.
what i did is grind the calipers and added a 1/4'' spacer between the adapter and the rotor, i lube the threads and use a torque wrench to tight down the lug nuts to 70 ft/lbs. I don't know if this is true or not but, has anyone else heard that you don't have to grind off as much with china wheels?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.